The Greenfield High School Drama Department will be performing Oscar Wilde’s, The Importance of Being Earnest. Performances are on Thursday, April 7th; Friday, April 8th; and Saturday, April 9th at 7pm each night. Advanced tickets are $5 for students and senior citizens and $8 for adults. They can be purchased by calling 414-281-6200 extension 2531. Tickets can also be purchased at the door one hour prior to each performance at a cost of $7 for students and senior citizens and $10 for adults. All seats are general admission.
The 22 students involved in the cast and crew have been working very hard to bring this farce to life. The play, originally performed in 1895, is a satire of social etiquette in 19th century England. Algernon (played by Connor Zimmerman) and Jack (Eli Haas) are friends who both rely on the alternate identity of “Earnest Worthing.” When the women to whom they are engaged (Kat Voelker and Sandra Polakowski) meet and discuss the men, they mistakenly believe that they are engaged to the same man. Once everyone’s true identity is revealed, will the women forgive them? And in the end, who discovers that he is not who he thought he was all along? This British comedy is sure to keep everyone laughing!!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Packer Party at P&A Nails!
- Oktoberfest Festival at St. Martin of Tours
- Stan’s Fit For Your Feet Promotes Sajdak and Names Kim Marketing Coordinator
- Tudor Oaks is hosting a Job Fair
- Educational Foundation Kid's Clothes Resale
- Whitnall High School student awarded BEST OF SHOW for photography at the 2015 WI State Fair.
- Special Used Children’s Book Sale in the Book Nook
- Root River Theatre Company Needs You
- PROCare Promotes Healhty Habits for Back to School