The Greenfield High School Drama Department will be performing Oscar Wilde’s, The Importance of Being Earnest. Performances are on Thursday, April 7th; Friday, April 8th; and Saturday, April 9th at 7pm each night. Advanced tickets are $5 for students and senior citizens and $8 for adults. They can be purchased by calling 414-281-6200 extension 2531. Tickets can also be purchased at the door one hour prior to each performance at a cost of $7 for students and senior citizens and $10 for adults. All seats are general admission.
The 22 students involved in the cast and crew have been working very hard to bring this farce to life. The play, originally performed in 1895, is a satire of social etiquette in 19th century England. Algernon (played by Connor Zimmerman) and Jack (Eli Haas) are friends who both rely on the alternate identity of “Earnest Worthing.” When the women to whom they are engaged (Kat Voelker and Sandra Polakowski) meet and discuss the men, they mistakenly believe that they are engaged to the same man. Once everyone’s true identity is revealed, will the women forgive them? And in the end, who discovers that he is not who he thought he was all along? This British comedy is sure to keep everyone laughing!!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- JB’s on 41 Renews Commitment to Community with Family-Friendly Food Drive and Bowling for Veterans Program
- Hallman Lindsay opens West Allis Store
- 6th grade basketball team in in of players
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Franklin Lioness Fair Set for Oct. 25 at MATC's Oak Creek Campus; Proceeds Benefit MATC Scholarships
- West Allis Pastor and Music Director Perform Concert in Sweden
- "Identity Theft" presented by Educators Credit Union
- Acacia Theatre's "Fish Eyes" Has Greenfield Assistant Stage Manager
- Honoring Our Heroes This Veteran’s Day at the Franklin Public Library
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!