The Greenfield High School Drama Department will be performing Oscar Wilde’s, The Importance of Being Earnest. Performances are on Thursday, April 7th; Friday, April 8th; and Saturday, April 9th at 7pm each night. Advanced tickets are $5 for students and senior citizens and $8 for adults. They can be purchased by calling 414-281-6200 extension 2531. Tickets can also be purchased at the door one hour prior to each performance at a cost of $7 for students and senior citizens and $10 for adults. All seats are general admission.
The 22 students involved in the cast and crew have been working very hard to bring this farce to life. The play, originally performed in 1895, is a satire of social etiquette in 19th century England. Algernon (played by Connor Zimmerman) and Jack (Eli Haas) are friends who both rely on the alternate identity of “Earnest Worthing.” When the women to whom they are engaged (Kat Voelker and Sandra Polakowski) meet and discuss the men, they mistakenly believe that they are engaged to the same man. Once everyone’s true identity is revealed, will the women forgive them? And in the end, who discovers that he is not who he thought he was all along? This British comedy is sure to keep everyone laughing!!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jr Hawks U14 Tryouts for 2015
- Greenfield Artists at Firefly Art Fair
- 6 Tool Select Baseball ryouts
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Milwaukee Choristers to Hold Auditions
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st
- Faith Community Church Offers Evening VBS for Kids, July 21 - 25
- Canine Fun Fest
- Schuster's & Gimbels-Presentation by Paul Geenen
- Golf Outing to Benefit St. Luke’s South Shore Vince Lombardi Clinic