(Feb. 28, 2011) The School District of Greenfield Community Services Department is now offering citizens a wide variety of affordable adult fitness and team sport opportunities. The complete Community Services Catalog and registration information can be found at www.greenfield.k12.wi.us.
Spring and summer programs begin this April with volleyball, dodgeball, soccer, softball, and kickball. Adult fitness programs, including jump-roping, Zumba, and boot camp, among others, are also scheduled. Each program is taught by a certified wellness expert.
Community Services programs are offered at District facilities and fields, all of which are conveniently located and well maintained. Adult men’s, women’s and co-ed leagues are available. Greenfield residents and non-residents are welcome to participate. There are no individual participant fees for adult leagues.
You can register now in person or by mail. In-person registration can be done Monday through Friday at the Greenfield Fitness Center, 4800 S. 60 St., from 3:30 to 8 PM and on Saturdays from 8 AM to Noon.
Participation in Community Services programs help maintain and equip school facilities, including the Greenfield High School Performing Arts Center, Fitness Center, swimming pool, gyms and athletic fields. Making the District’s facilities available to citizens is a great way to increase community involvement while maximizing the community’s return on the investment in the District.
Please review this catalog and consider signing up for an activity. You can find something that appeals to you or someone you know. There will likely be more offerings in the months to come, including aquatic programming for youth, adults and senior citizens. Additional youth enrichment and athletic programs are currently being planned.
For additional information, please contact the Community Services Department at 414.855.2030 or 414.855.2413.
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Named One of Pest Control Technology’s Top 100 Pest Management Firms in the U.S.
- Hoops for Awareness
- Playground at Malone Opens July 2nd
- Martin Luther Baseball Sets Records, Earns Honors
- Real Time Explores Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness
- McCarty Park Boot Camp
- First Outdoor Movie of the Summer in Greendale
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- KIDS hit the Road starting in West Allis
- Studio Barcelona on Vliet Street in Washington Heights Opens to Offer Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, Creative Workshops and Hand-painted Furniture