Mount Carmel Celebrates Diversity
Mount Carmel Health and Rehabilitation Center-Milwaukee: In the month of January Mount Carmel celebrated diversity and honored Martin Luther King, Jr... We held an essay contest for residents and our staff with the topic of “I have a Dream”. As a result, the articles depicted dreams of world peace, being extraordinary, accepting people for who they are and what they have accomplished, hoping for success and being a “Rock Star.” The essays were judged by our local officials: Mayor of Greenfield, Michael Neitzke; Milwaukee County Supervisor; Mark Borkowski, Greenfield Chief of Police Frances Springob and Greenfield’s Fire Chief, Russel Spahn.
On January 21st we celebrated the accomplishments and sacrifices of Martin Luther King, Jr. with a social in our Grand Dining Room. A biography of Dr. King’s life was presented as well as excerpts from his “I Have a Dream Speech”. During this event we announced the winners of the essay contest which were Jackie Bartnikowski (Resident) and Jerry Tollefson (Activity Therapy). We were very grateful for everyone’s participation. The essays were truly inspiring and thought provoking.
(In Photo Essay Participants: Bottom Left: James McNeal, Dawn Medford, Don Villwock, Jackie Bartnikowski (Resident Winner)
Top Left: Milwaukee County Supervisor, Mark Borkowski (Judge), and Jerry Tollefson (Staff winner)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Supper Clubs on the menu at Franklin Public Library
- Stuff the Truck for Independence
- Free Yoga for Kids at St. Francis Library
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- Chant Claire Chamber Choir Announces Spring Concerts
- THE STARR GROUP HIRES TAYLOR NYARANGI AS GROUP BENEFITS CONSULTANT
- CTV Easter Week Services
- Grand Opening Activities Highlight Importance of Photos
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- St. Francis Library Spring Party