Mount Carmel Celebrates Diversity
Mount Carmel Health and Rehabilitation Center-Milwaukee: In the month of January Mount Carmel celebrated diversity and honored Martin Luther King, Jr... We held an essay contest for residents and our staff with the topic of “I have a Dream”. As a result, the articles depicted dreams of world peace, being extraordinary, accepting people for who they are and what they have accomplished, hoping for success and being a “Rock Star.” The essays were judged by our local officials: Mayor of Greenfield, Michael Neitzke; Milwaukee County Supervisor; Mark Borkowski, Greenfield Chief of Police Frances Springob and Greenfield’s Fire Chief, Russel Spahn.
On January 21st we celebrated the accomplishments and sacrifices of Martin Luther King, Jr. with a social in our Grand Dining Room. A biography of Dr. King’s life was presented as well as excerpts from his “I Have a Dream Speech”. During this event we announced the winners of the essay contest which were Jackie Bartnikowski (Resident) and Jerry Tollefson (Activity Therapy). We were very grateful for everyone’s participation. The essays were truly inspiring and thought provoking.
(In Photo Essay Participants: Bottom Left: James McNeal, Dawn Medford, Don Villwock, Jackie Bartnikowski (Resident Winner)
Top Left: Milwaukee County Supervisor, Mark Borkowski (Judge), and Jerry Tollefson (Staff winner)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- rummage and craft sale
- 3rd Annual Greenfield H.S. Cheerleaders Rummage Sale
- Introduction to Tablets & e-Readers: Hands on Experience with Experts from Best Buy
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- A Nostalgic Afternoon
- Julius Jr. Experience Comes to Greendale at Southridge Mall on Sept. 20
- Nancy's Run, Rock & Stroll- Saturday September 20th!!
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Alverno College highest in the state in its “Strong Commitment to Teaching” category for the fifth consecutive year
- Tool Time at the St. Francis Library