Sisterhood of West Allis/West Milwaukee is sponsoring our 2nd annual conference called "Every Girl is Special & Unique." Thie event is being promoted to all girls ages 8 - 18, and their moms or mother- like figure/mentor in their life. Our goal is to connect adolescent girls/moms to community resources - new programs and opportunities regarding leadership, self-esteem, relationships for future growth and to inspire and nuture them to good health and making good choices and having "fun" just being girls! It will be held on Saturday, November 20th from 10AM - 3PM at West Allis Central High School on 84th & Lincoln. Registration and exhibits/vendors will be held from 10-11AM - then our keynote speaker will share some inspiring words - then we're off to our very informative & fun workshops (. Topics include Fitness & Toning, Healthy Foods/Healthy Cooking, Stress Reduction & Relaxation, Card Making & Cappuccino, Belly Dancing, Fashion & Make Up Do's & Don'ts just to name a few. We'll wrap up our day with come closing remarks and hand out some fabulous door prizes! For more information, or to see our registration form, please visit our website: www.sisterhoodofwawm.org. For questions, call Joanie Luedke at 414-430-2207. Pre-registration by November 12th is preferred but will accept walk ins on that day (workshop space is limited to first come-first serve). We hope you can join us. Mark your calendars, and get your reservations ($5.00 payment) in now! Join us for a "Girls Getaway" on Saturday, November 20th!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Choristers to Hold Auditions
- Choristers to Present Christmas Concert
- Live theatre comes to Franklin
- GERALD PETERSON IS AT IT AGAIN!!!!!
- Holiday Folk Fair International Chef Stage to Feature Traditional Ethnic Soups
- Breakfast with Santa, Craft Fair and Cookie Walk
- St.Alphonsus Sunday School Students to Aid the Poor this Thanksgiving
- Live Comedy at The Comedy Depot Brookfield
- Men Journeying Through Grief
- Holiday Folk Fair International Features Artisans Sharing Their Heritage Through Craft