The Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc. awarded three children each a $50 U.S. Savings Bond for their entries in a coloring contest sponsored by Wauwatosa-based Pekel Construction & Remodeling at the 20th annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show.
Meghan Conley, 6, of Greenfield, won in the 3-6 age group; Benjamin Acker, 8, of Milwaukee, won in the 7-9 age group; and Matt Ballman, 11, of Milwaukee, won in the 10-12 age group.
The children colored an official contest sheet, featuring “Gerry”, the Milwaukee/NARI carpenter ant mascot, while at the Fall Home & Remodeling Show held Fri., Sept. 17 – Sun., Sept. 19, at the Wisconsin Exposition Center at State Fair Park in West Allis.
The Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council was chartered in July 1961 as a Chapter of the National Home Improvement Council. In May of 1982, the National Home Improvement Council merged with the National Remodelers Association to form NARI – the National Association of the Remodeling Industry. With more than 875 members, the Milwaukee Chapter is the largest in the nation.
The Council’s goals of encouraging ethical conduct, sound business practices, and professionalism in the remodeling industry have led to the growth of the remodeling industry nationwide and made NARI a recognized authority in that industry.
For more information on the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council and to receive a free copy of an annual membership roster listing all members alphabetically and by category and the booklet, “Milwaukee/NARI’s Remodeling Guide,” call (414) 771-4071 or visit the Council’s Web site at www.milwaukeenari.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Memorial Day Program
- Spectrum Communications Hits the Big 3-0
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Engineering Students Sorting Out Details of a Tough Project
- Alverno College Will Hold its 147th Commencement on May 17 and 18
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- River Cruise Seminar
- Kradwell School celebrates 50 years of changing lives
- Generous Donation Will Double Alverno College Bike Exchange Program
- Catholic Singles Beach Party Dance