Greenfield Post Office Offers 24 Hour Service At Their Automated Postal Center On Columbus Day, Monday October 11
Greenfield Post Office offers 24 hour service at their Automated Postal Center on Columbus Day, Monday October 11th, 2010.
The Greenfield Post office wants to remind you that the Greenfield Post Office will be closed for retail and delivery services to observe Columbus Day on Monday October 11th, 2010. The Post office does offer 24 hour service at our Automated Postal Center located in the outer lobby of the Greenfield Post office for your mailing needs.
Columbus Day 2010 can find its origin from the initial 'celebration' in 1792. At the very least this is the earliest recorded remembrance of Christopher Columbus's grand unveiling of America.
In New York 1866 on October 12th the Italian residents planned the initial observance of the finding of 'America' as a whole. Then, in San Francisco 1869 Italian residents also honored October twelfth. In 1892 President Benjamin Harrison, 400 years after Columbus' first journey, gave a public statement in memory of the 'New World' being discovered. It was 1905 when the initial State Colorado respected an official 'Columbus Day'. From 1920 Columbus Day was observed each year.
President Franklin Roosevelt in 1937 declared all October twelfths as 'Columbus Day' but it was proclaimed by Congress as a national holiday on each 2nd Monday in 1971.
As the world changes the Postal Service is changing to meet the customer’s needs, making it easier to mail your letters and packages when you need us.
Julie Joers Manager Greenfield Post Office
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Franklin Public Library Acquires Gale Courses for Community Education
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Local Pastor Speaks on Church Persecution
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Men's Grief Support Gathering
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- The President Comes to Park's Edge Preschool
- Help Those in Need: Stan’s “Share-A-Pair” Shoe Drive Runs February 1 – 29
- Registration is Open for Walk MS: Milwaukee