Nativity of the Lord Parish, Cudahy, is having a book sale to raise money and to honor a parishioner who was an advid collector of books. Elaine Repinski died on March 8, 2009. For the last 35 years of her short life she rummaged and met many people who were selling books. One book led her to collecting many books. She collected 1000's of books dating back to the early 1800's to 2009. Her love of reading led her to collect cookbooks such as Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, The Electric Co, and many more became favorites of her. She even found Kate Smith cookbooks too. Her family often teased, " you read these books, more than you cook from them."
The Book Sale runs for the next four Saturdays at the Parish Educational Center, 3658 E. Plankinton Avenue, Cudahy, Wisconsin.
Elaine's collection of books and many, many cookbooks were donated to the parish. The parish is happy to honor Elaines's life and invites you to come enjoy a book from her collection.
Join Us....Celebrate Elaine's Life with a good book: October 2, 9, 16 and the 23rd.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Public Library Children’s Department adds
- The Great Decisions Series is a Great Decision at the Franklin Public Library
- "Battle of the Bays" winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Alverno College Will Hold its 150th Commencement on December 19 and 20
- Greenfield Schools Kick off "Holiday Sharing" Event
- 2015 Greenfield Little League Registration Now Open
- With Holidays Upon Us, BBB Offers Travel Insurance Tips
- 6th Annual Greenfield Library Holiday Bake Sale on December 13
- FREE New Years Resolution Tranformation
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive