Nativity of the Lord Parish, Cudahy, is having a book sale to raise money and to honor a parishioner who was an advid collector of books. Elaine Repinski died on March 8, 2009. For the last 35 years of her short life she rummaged and met many people who were selling books. One book led her to collecting many books. She collected 1000's of books dating back to the early 1800's to 2009. Her love of reading led her to collect cookbooks such as Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, The Electric Co, and many more became favorites of her. She even found Kate Smith cookbooks too. Her family often teased, " you read these books, more than you cook from them."
The Book Sale runs for the next four Saturdays at the Parish Educational Center, 3658 E. Plankinton Avenue, Cudahy, Wisconsin.
Elaine's collection of books and many, many cookbooks were donated to the parish. The parish is happy to honor Elaines's life and invites you to come enjoy a book from her collection.
Join Us....Celebrate Elaine's Life with a good book: October 2, 9, 16 and the 23rd.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Milwaukee Hamilton Class of 1975, 40th Reunion
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- Exploring Health Innovations Inspired by the Care of Military Personnel