Nativity of the Lord Parish, Cudahy, is having a book sale to raise money and to honor a parishioner who was an advid collector of books. Elaine Repinski died on March 8, 2009. For the last 35 years of her short life she rummaged and met many people who were selling books. One book led her to collecting many books. She collected 1000's of books dating back to the early 1800's to 2009. Her love of reading led her to collect cookbooks such as Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, The Electric Co, and many more became favorites of her. She even found Kate Smith cookbooks too. Her family often teased, " you read these books, more than you cook from them."
The Book Sale runs for the next four Saturdays at the Parish Educational Center, 3658 E. Plankinton Avenue, Cudahy, Wisconsin.
Elaine's collection of books and many, many cookbooks were donated to the parish. The parish is happy to honor Elaines's life and invites you to come enjoy a book from her collection.
Join Us....Celebrate Elaine's Life with a good book: October 2, 9, 16 and the 23rd.
- Join us and meet new older adults at National Health and Fitness Day for Seniors
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- OAKVIEW BUSINESS PARK LOOKS TO CAPITALIZE ON ROBUST OAK CREEK DEVELOPMENT MARKET
- Huge Bicycle Auction
- Catholic Singles Memorial Day Picnic
- Callen Celebrates National Home Improvement Month
- Greendale Alumni Launches Company
- Campus News
- Race to the Parade Registration Now Open For Run/Walk for Greendale Marching Band
- Last week for residents to apply for Milwaukee County Energy Assistance Program