Nativity of the Lord Parish, Cudahy, is having a book sale to raise money and to honor a parishioner who was an advid collector of books. Elaine Repinski died on March 8, 2009. For the last 35 years of her short life she rummaged and met many people who were selling books. One book led her to collecting many books. She collected 1000's of books dating back to the early 1800's to 2009. Her love of reading led her to collect cookbooks such as Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, The Electric Co, and many more became favorites of her. She even found Kate Smith cookbooks too. Her family often teased, " you read these books, more than you cook from them."
The Book Sale runs for the next four Saturdays at the Parish Educational Center, 3658 E. Plankinton Avenue, Cudahy, Wisconsin.
Elaine's collection of books and many, many cookbooks were donated to the parish. The parish is happy to honor Elaines's life and invites you to come enjoy a book from her collection.
Join Us....Celebrate Elaine's Life with a good book: October 2, 9, 16 and the 23rd.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jr Hawks U14 Tryouts for 2015
- Greenfield Artists at Firefly Art Fair
- 6 Tool Select Baseball ryouts
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Milwaukee Choristers to Hold Auditions
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st
- Faith Community Church Offers Evening VBS for Kids, July 21 - 25
- Canine Fun Fest
- Schuster's & Gimbels-Presentation by Paul Geenen
- Golf Outing to Benefit St. Luke’s South Shore Vince Lombardi Clinic