Leah Windt and Jenny Lawton brought home first places for the Whitnall girls track and field team to key the Falcons' efforts in the Cedarburg Invitational on March 19.
Windt won the 800-meter run in 2 minutes, 34.22 seconds and Lawton took the 55 hurdles with 10.58 seconds for Whitnall, which tallied 58 points for fifth place in the meet.
Coming in third for the Falcons were Jenny Bahling in the 800 run (2:40.96) and Jasmine Van Tine in the 1,600 run (6:07.47).
Taking fourth were Brooke Berglund in the 3,200 run (13:35) and Hannah Fischer in the 55 hurdles (10.72). Claiming fifth were Alyssa Woo in the 3,200 (13:38) and the 640 relay (1:39.81).
Lani Cieszynski finished sixth in the pole vault (6 feet, 6 inches) and Kim Hurst seventh in the 1,600 run (6:21.9).
Coming back with eighths were Amanda Rosenwald in the 400 dash (1:12.79), Sarah Czerwinski in the 55 dash (8.8) and Kina Cross in the 1,600 run (6:31.33).
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall baseball team nips New Berlin Eisenhower in regional thriller
- Whitnall baseball team upsets Muskego in regional title
- Baseball: Franklin pitching proves too strong for Whitnall in WIAA sectional semifinal contest
- Baseball: Fortman pitches Franklin past Greenfield in WIAA regional championship baseball game
- Struggles continue for Greenfield baseball team in regular season's final week
- Whitnall baseball team finishes 0-3 in Woodland Conference Tournament
- Whitnall's Thon compiles outstanding hitting record (1)
- Greenfield baseball team pulls out pair of one-run games in Woodland
- Whitnall baseball team finding more consistency, improving rapidly
- Greenfield softball star Matthias poses huge challenge to opposing hitters