Leah Windt and Jenny Lawton brought home first places for the Whitnall girls track and field team to key the Falcons' efforts in the Cedarburg Invitational on March 19.
Windt won the 800-meter run in 2 minutes, 34.22 seconds and Lawton took the 55 hurdles with 10.58 seconds for Whitnall, which tallied 58 points for fifth place in the meet.
Coming in third for the Falcons were Jenny Bahling in the 800 run (2:40.96) and Jasmine Van Tine in the 1,600 run (6:07.47).
Taking fourth were Brooke Berglund in the 3,200 run (13:35) and Hannah Fischer in the 55 hurdles (10.72). Claiming fifth were Alyssa Woo in the 3,200 (13:38) and the 640 relay (1:39.81).
Lani Cieszynski finished sixth in the pole vault (6 feet, 6 inches) and Kim Hurst seventh in the 1,600 run (6:21.9).
Coming back with eighths were Amanda Rosenwald in the 400 dash (1:12.79), Sarah Czerwinski in the 55 dash (8.8) and Kina Cross in the 1,600 run (6:31.33).
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield wrestlers build early lead, tie powerful Pewaukee for Woodland Conference crown
- Greenfield combined swimming team soars to second in Woodland Conference Meet
- Whitnall/Greendale wrestlers pull themselves off mat, top New Berlin in Woodland Conference dual
- Greenfield/Greendale/Pius XI boys swimmers surge to Kenosha Bradford Invitational crown
- Shooting determines fate of Whitnall girls basketball team in pair of games
- Whitnall boys shake off slow start, go on to hammer South Milwaukee in Woodland Conference
- Whitnall boys basketball team sweeps three foes, wins twice in Woodland Conference
- Victory over rival, Plymouth Invitational crown highlight big week for Greenfield wrestlers
- Greenfield/Greendale/Pius XI boys swimmers snare sixth in strong Marquette Invitational
- Whitnall/Greendale wrestlers come away with third place at Manawa Invitational