Leah Windt and Jenny Lawton brought home first places for the Whitnall girls track and field team to key the Falcons' efforts in the Cedarburg Invitational on March 19.
Windt won the 800-meter run in 2 minutes, 34.22 seconds and Lawton took the 55 hurdles with 10.58 seconds for Whitnall, which tallied 58 points for fifth place in the meet.
Coming in third for the Falcons were Jenny Bahling in the 800 run (2:40.96) and Jasmine Van Tine in the 1,600 run (6:07.47).
Taking fourth were Brooke Berglund in the 3,200 run (13:35) and Hannah Fischer in the 55 hurdles (10.72). Claiming fifth were Alyssa Woo in the 3,200 (13:38) and the 640 relay (1:39.81).
Lani Cieszynski finished sixth in the pole vault (6 feet, 6 inches) and Kim Hurst seventh in the 1,600 run (6:21.9).
Coming back with eighths were Amanda Rosenwald in the 400 dash (1:12.79), Sarah Czerwinski in the 55 dash (8.8) and Kina Cross in the 1,600 run (6:31.33).
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield's Kevin Meyers claims second national tandem bicycle title
- Whitnall underclassmen shine at WIAA Division 2 state swimming, diving meet
- Whitnall girls basketball team gears for transition season in 2014-15
- Greenfield swimmers see season end in WIAA Division 1 sectional meet
- Divers lead the way for Whitnall in WIAA Division 2 sectional meet
- Whitnall girls swimming, diving team grabs seconds at Woodland
- Greenfield girls volleyball team's season ended by nemesis Greendale
- Whitnall girls swimming team notches trio of second places in Woodland
- Football: Blount capitalizes for Waukesha West, Greenfield eliminated
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Level 1