The Whitnall girls basketball team finished second in the 2014 Wisconsin Basketball Coaches' Association's (WBCA) Team Academic All-State ratings.
The Falcons recorded a cumulative grade-point average of 3.61, second to only La Crosse Central's 3.72 among nominated Division 2 girls programs. Mosinee took third with 3.53.
Senior Krista Stribling was one of 16 girls chosen statewide for all divisions to the 2014 WBCA Academic All-State Team. She is the first Falcon to make that team since Kristin Affeldt after the 1999-2000 season.
Other team members are seniors Ann Marie Bay, Mary Gaggioli, Kaitlyn Kenaston, Candace Pollock and Emily Yahnke; juniors Jessa Abing and Liz Thon; sophomores Anna Haning, Jenna Jones, Madelyn Pelkofer and Kendall Stribling and freshman Sierra Grubor.
Whitnall finished third among WBCA Academic All-State teams in 2012. The Falcons were honored at a school board meeting on June 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall/Greendale wrestlers pull themselves off mat, top New Berlin in Woodland Conference dual
- Greenfield/Greendale/Pius XI boys swimmers surge to Kenosha Bradford Invitational crown
- Shooting determines fate of Whitnall girls basketball team in pair of games
- Whitnall boys shake off slow start, go on to hammer South Milwaukee in Woodland Conference
- Whitnall boys basketball team sweeps three foes, wins twice in Woodland Conference
- Victory over rival, Plymouth Invitational crown highlight big week for Greenfield wrestlers
- Greenfield/Greendale/Pius XI boys swimmers snare sixth in strong Marquette Invitational
- Whitnall/Greendale wrestlers come away with third place at Manawa Invitational
- Greenfield/Greendale/Pius XI boys swimming team wins six events at Homestead Metro Invitational
- Will to win helps Whitnall boys basketball team prevail over Westosha Central