The Whitnall girls basketball team finished second in the 2014 Wisconsin Basketball Coaches' Association's (WBCA) Team Academic All-State ratings.
The Falcons recorded a cumulative grade-point average of 3.61, second to only La Crosse Central's 3.72 among nominated Division 2 girls programs. Mosinee took third with 3.53.
Senior Krista Stribling was one of 16 girls chosen statewide for all divisions to the 2014 WBCA Academic All-State Team. She is the first Falcon to make that team since Kristin Affeldt after the 1999-2000 season.
Other team members are seniors Ann Marie Bay, Mary Gaggioli, Kaitlyn Kenaston, Candace Pollock and Emily Yahnke; juniors Jessa Abing and Liz Thon; sophomores Anna Haning, Jenna Jones, Madelyn Pelkofer and Kendall Stribling and freshman Sierra Grubor.
Whitnall finished third among WBCA Academic All-State teams in 2012. The Falcons were honored at a school board meeting on June 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield baseball season ended by Woodland rival West in regional
- Baseball: Franklin finally finds its bats, collects big hits in rout of Whitnall
- Whitnall closes out regular baseball season with victory over Lions
- Greenfield wins baseball division title, ends championship drought
- Whitnall baseball team drops two of three in Woodland Conference play
- Whitnall earns split with Brown Deer, then runs into strong pitching
- Greenfield baseball team falls to SWCHA in non-conference contest
- Greenfield's Bella Matthias put up incredible numbers in 2014 season
- Liz Thon helps Whitnall softball team become a real power in 2014
- Whitnall girls basketball team achieves high state academic honor