The Whitnall girls basketball team finished second in the 2014 Wisconsin Basketball Coaches' Association's (WBCA) Team Academic All-State ratings.
The Falcons recorded a cumulative grade-point average of 3.61, second to only La Crosse Central's 3.72 among nominated Division 2 girls programs. Mosinee took third with 3.53.
Senior Krista Stribling was one of 16 girls chosen statewide for all divisions to the 2014 WBCA Academic All-State Team. She is the first Falcon to make that team since Kristin Affeldt after the 1999-2000 season.
Other team members are seniors Ann Marie Bay, Mary Gaggioli, Kaitlyn Kenaston, Candace Pollock and Emily Yahnke; juniors Jessa Abing and Liz Thon; sophomores Anna Haning, Jenna Jones, Madelyn Pelkofer and Kendall Stribling and freshman Sierra Grubor.
Whitnall finished third among WBCA Academic All-State teams in 2012. The Falcons were honored at a school board meeting on June 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- Football: Germantown overwhelms Greenfield in Koch's debut
- Whitnall football team looks to bounce back in 2014 with new coach
- Greenfield football team shooting for WIAA playoff spot under Joe Koch
- Joe Koch takes program-building talents to new challenge at Greenfield
- Whitnall Falcons struggled with consistency in 2014 baseball season
- Library Recommendations: August 7
- Greenfield baseball season ended by Woodland rival West in regional
- Baseball: Franklin finally finds its bats, collects big hits in rout of Whitnall
- Whitnall closes out regular baseball season with victory over Lions