The Whitnall girls basketball team finished second in the 2014 Wisconsin Basketball Coaches' Association's (WBCA) Team Academic All-State ratings.
The Falcons recorded a cumulative grade-point average of 3.61, second to only La Crosse Central's 3.72 among nominated Division 2 girls programs. Mosinee took third with 3.53.
Senior Krista Stribling was one of 16 girls chosen statewide for all divisions to the 2014 WBCA Academic All-State Team. She is the first Falcon to make that team since Kristin Affeldt after the 1999-2000 season.
Other team members are seniors Ann Marie Bay, Mary Gaggioli, Kaitlyn Kenaston, Candace Pollock and Emily Yahnke; juniors Jessa Abing and Liz Thon; sophomores Anna Haning, Jenna Jones, Madelyn Pelkofer and Kendall Stribling and freshman Sierra Grubor.
Whitnall finished third among WBCA Academic All-State teams in 2012. The Falcons were honored at a school board meeting on June 9.
- Greenfield boys relay team prevails in Pewaukee Invite
- Whitnall softball team wins in different ways, remains unbeaten at 13-0
- Improving Greenfield boys golf team claims fourth place in large Franklin Invitational
- Whitnall boys track and field team win own invite title
- Jack Miller resigns as Greenfield High School boys basketball coach (1)
- Whitnall girls claim team championship in own track invite
- Strong pitching helps keep Whitnall softball team unbeaten for young season
- Greenfield softball team posts five straight shutouts before loss to Westosha Central
- Whitnall's Bauer outduels Greenfield's Matthias in 1-0 softball victory
- Greenfield girls soccer team bounces back from two losses with shutout of West Allis Central