The Whitnall girls basketball team finished second in the 2014 Wisconsin Basketball Coaches' Association's (WBCA) Team Academic All-State ratings.
The Falcons recorded a cumulative grade-point average of 3.61, second to only La Crosse Central's 3.72 among nominated Division 2 girls programs. Mosinee took third with 3.53.
Senior Krista Stribling was one of 16 girls chosen statewide for all divisions to the 2014 WBCA Academic All-State Team. She is the first Falcon to make that team since Kristin Affeldt after the 1999-2000 season.
Other team members are seniors Ann Marie Bay, Mary Gaggioli, Kaitlyn Kenaston, Candace Pollock and Emily Yahnke; juniors Jessa Abing and Liz Thon; sophomores Anna Haning, Jenna Jones, Madelyn Pelkofer and Kendall Stribling and freshman Sierra Grubor.
Whitnall finished third among WBCA Academic All-State teams in 2012. The Falcons were honored at a school board meeting on June 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall boys soccer team tops Greendale, holds onto Woodland lead
- Football: Tre'Vaughn Craig fills gap and Greenfield football holds on to down Whitnall
- Greenfield football team pulls away from Cudahy to post Woodland Conference victory
- Offense helps Whitnall boys soccer team bolt to 9-1-1 season record
- Whitnall football team downs Shorewood/Messmer, clinches WIAA playoff berth
- Whitnall girls volleyball team completes season sweep of Woodland East rivals
- Greenfield football team handed first loss of season by Brown Deer
- Whitnall football team continues strong run through Woodland East Division
- Whitnall's Lauren Lent captures second straight world powerlifting championship
- Whitnall football team continues surge by routing Brown Deer