Consistency, or the lack of it, was a problem for the Whitnall baseball team in 2014.
The Falcons notched some nice victories, downing Woodland Conference East Division champion Greenfield and WIAA sectional entrant New Berlin Eisenhower, among others.
They just could not string victories together, as shown by their final records of 10-16 overall and 8-9 in the conference.
Senior Jon Drew was the Falcons' top pitcher at 4-4 with an ERA of 1.71. Senior Tyler Regeth went 3-2 and had an ERA of 1.33, and junior Austin Jenk was 1-0 with an ERA of 1.47.
Seniors David Gaertner, Josh Daniels and Josh Stark all hit well above .300.
The Falcons lose a large portion of the team, bidding farewell to Regeth, Gaertner, Stark, Drew, Daniels, Mitch Brault, Peter Moore, Lukasz Cieszynski and Matt Bublitz.
-- John Rech
- Lack of varsity experience hurt Greenfield baseball team this season (1)
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Slow finish to season drops Whitnall baseball team to just above .500
- Greenfield baseball team's season ends at hands of New Berlin West in regional
- Whitnall baseball team posts 1-3 mark in string of close contests
- Strong pitching helps lift Greenfield baseball team to two victories in Woodland Tournament
- Greenfield's Matthias puts finishing touches on brilliant pitching career in softball
- Bauer, Cimler, Sutton teamed up to boost Whitnall softball team to new heights
- Clutch hitting helps Whitnall baseball team complete three-game Woodland sweep
- Struggles continue for Greenfield baseball team in 0-3 week