Consistency, or the lack of it, was a problem for the Whitnall baseball team in 2014.
The Falcons notched some nice victories, downing Woodland Conference East Division champion Greenfield and WIAA sectional entrant New Berlin Eisenhower, among others.
They just could not string victories together, as shown by their final records of 10-16 overall and 8-9 in the conference.
Senior Jon Drew was the Falcons' top pitcher at 4-4 with an ERA of 1.71. Senior Tyler Regeth went 3-2 and had an ERA of 1.33, and junior Austin Jenk was 1-0 with an ERA of 1.47.
Seniors David Gaertner, Josh Daniels and Josh Stark all hit well above .300.
The Falcons lose a large portion of the team, bidding farewell to Regeth, Gaertner, Stark, Drew, Daniels, Mitch Brault, Peter Moore, Lukasz Cieszynski and Matt Bublitz.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown girls track team smashes records, set for NSC
- Greenfield's Larry Sayles' decision to become athletic trainer opened up his world
- Greenfield softball team clinches Woodland Conference East Division crown
- Whitnall softball team shows resiliency while battling injuries
- Nguyen leads Greenfield girls track and field team at Homestead Invitational
- Everything is coming together for unbeaten Greenfield softball team
- Veteran Greenfield boys tennis team downs South Milwaukee
- Greenfield girls soccer team blanks two opponents after tough loss to Greendale
- Brookfield Bulldogs return plenty of talent
- Sport Shorts: April 30, 2015