Consistency, or the lack of it, was a problem for the Whitnall baseball team in 2014.
The Falcons notched some nice victories, downing Woodland Conference East Division champion Greenfield and WIAA sectional entrant New Berlin Eisenhower, among others.
They just could not string victories together, as shown by their final records of 10-16 overall and 8-9 in the conference.
Senior Jon Drew was the Falcons' top pitcher at 4-4 with an ERA of 1.71. Senior Tyler Regeth went 3-2 and had an ERA of 1.33, and junior Austin Jenk was 1-0 with an ERA of 1.47.
Seniors David Gaertner, Josh Daniels and Josh Stark all hit well above .300.
The Falcons lose a large portion of the team, bidding farewell to Regeth, Gaertner, Stark, Drew, Daniels, Mitch Brault, Peter Moore, Lukasz Cieszynski and Matt Bublitz.
-- John Rech
- Greenfield softball team downs South Milwaukee, captures outright Woodland Conference title
- Jasmine Bickerstaff's first place helps boost Whitnall girls track, field team to third in Woodland
- New Greenfield boys basketball coach Kyle Johnsen confident about future of program
- Greenfield boys golf team breaks into top half of Woodland Conference standings
- Biersack belts two home runs to boost Greenfield past Whitnall in softball showdown
- Greenfield boys golf team captures Woodland Conference East Division championship
- Greenfield High School hires Kyle Johnsen as head boys basketball coach
- Greenfield girls soccer team bounces back with big victory over South Milwaukee
- Greenfield softball team tunes up for Woodland showdown with six victories
- Whitnall softball team knocks off mighty Westosha Central