Consistency, or the lack of it, was a problem for the Whitnall baseball team in 2014.
The Falcons notched some nice victories, downing Woodland Conference East Division champion Greenfield and WIAA sectional entrant New Berlin Eisenhower, among others.
They just could not string victories together, as shown by their final records of 10-16 overall and 8-9 in the conference.
Senior Jon Drew was the Falcons' top pitcher at 4-4 with an ERA of 1.71. Senior Tyler Regeth went 3-2 and had an ERA of 1.33, and junior Austin Jenk was 1-0 with an ERA of 1.47.
Seniors David Gaertner, Josh Daniels and Josh Stark all hit well above .300.
The Falcons lose a large portion of the team, bidding farewell to Regeth, Gaertner, Stark, Drew, Daniels, Mitch Brault, Peter Moore, Lukasz Cieszynski and Matt Bublitz.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jayvin Redieske, Dillon Peters pitch Whitnall baseball team past Greenfield
- Greenfield baseball team falls to Whitnall, New Berlin West
- Bats blast away for Oak Creek baseball team
- Greenfield baseball team having a hard time finishing games
- Greenfield girls soccer team battles but falls short of Muskego in sectional
- Track and field: Blazei of glory: sophomore repeats as high-jump champ
- Greenfield softball team sees fabulous season end at hands of Oak Creek
- Whitnall sends Alexopolous, Bickerstaff to WIAA state track meet
- Whitnall's Stemper, Dundas reach WIAA state tennis tournament
- Greenfield's Nguyen, Kohl head to WIAA Division 1 state track meet