Consistency, or the lack of it, was a problem for the Whitnall baseball team in 2014.
The Falcons notched some nice victories, downing Woodland Conference East Division champion Greenfield and WIAA sectional entrant New Berlin Eisenhower, among others.
They just could not string victories together, as shown by their final records of 10-16 overall and 8-9 in the conference.
Senior Jon Drew was the Falcons' top pitcher at 4-4 with an ERA of 1.71. Senior Tyler Regeth went 3-2 and had an ERA of 1.33, and junior Austin Jenk was 1-0 with an ERA of 1.47.
Seniors David Gaertner, Josh Daniels and Josh Stark all hit well above .300.
The Falcons lose a large portion of the team, bidding farewell to Regeth, Gaertner, Stark, Drew, Daniels, Mitch Brault, Peter Moore, Lukasz Cieszynski and Matt Bublitz.
-- John Rech
- Big innings taking Greenfield baseball team out of games this season
- Whitnall baseball team puts together good week until pair of losses to Pius XI
- Whitnall baseball team still searching for consistency
- John Quinlan named new head football coach at Whitnall High School
- Inexperience hurting Greenfield baseball team
- Football: Shane Covington named new head football coach at Greenfield High School
- McGranahan leaves Whitnall football coaching job to take Kenosha Tremper position
- Whitnall's Bickerstaff moves on to state track and field meet in hurdles race
- Big rally in seventh inning gives Greenfield softball team victory over Greendale, regional title
- Greenfield softball team downs South Milwaukee, captures outright Woodland Conference title