Whitnall baseball team finds trouble after close loss to Greenfield
Falcons finish 0-3 in rugged week
After a close loss to open last week, the Whitnall baseball team encountered even more trouble in its other games.
The Falcons dropped a 4-3 decision to Greenfield on June 9, seeing a 3-0 advantage in the sixth inning evaporate.
The Hustlin' Hawks came up with three runs in the sixth and one in the seventh, and the winning run scored without benefit of a hit.
Tyler Regeth pitched a solid game, allowing five hits and walking one, but took the loss. Mitch Brault went 2-for-3 and drove in a run for the Falcons.
Whitnall then had a hard time bouncing back from that defeat in the rest of the week, losing 13-0 to Wauwatosa West on June 13 and 7-1 to West Bend West on June 14.
David Gaertner enjoyed a good game against West Bend, going 3-for-3, but his team only totaled five hits for the contest.
Whitnall, which came into this week at 4-4 in the Woodland Conference and 4-7 overall, visits sizzling Greendale at 7 p.m. Thursday, June 19.
The Falcons then welcome Brown Deer at 5 p.m. Monday, June 23, and visit Brown Deer at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 24. They then host Pewaukee at 5 p.m. Thursday, June 26.
-- John Rech
- Lack of varsity experience hurt Greenfield baseball team this season (1)
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Slow finish to season drops Whitnall baseball team to just above .500
- Greenfield baseball team's season ends at hands of New Berlin West in regional
- Whitnall baseball team posts 1-3 mark in string of close contests
- Strong pitching helps lift Greenfield baseball team to two victories in Woodland Tournament
- Greenfield's Matthias puts finishing touches on brilliant pitching career in softball
- Bauer, Cimler, Sutton teamed up to boost Whitnall softball team to new heights
- Clutch hitting helps Whitnall baseball team complete three-game Woodland sweep
- Struggles continue for Greenfield baseball team in 0-3 week