Greenfield - Nicole Otto of Greenfield tends to attain most of her goals - and she realized her aspirations once again at the United States Junior National Championships in figure skating last week in East Lansing, Mich.
She qualified for the final round and wound up placing 14th in the Intermediate Ladies category in the national event.
"We are so proud," said her mother, Jennifer. "The competition was unbelievable! Her goal when she got out there was top 15, so she just made that. It was a great experience."
The trip held an additional benefit for Nicole, 14, who is a freshman at Whitnall High School.
"The rinks were on the campus of Michigan State University, so she got to see that college life going on around her," Jennifer continued. "She loved it. Outside of the constant stress of competing out there, it was really fun."
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield/Pius XI girls swimmers seize second at Racine Park Relays
- Whitnall football team falls to Waukesha North
- Banks' late touchdown propels Greenfield football team past Pius XI
- Greenfield football team tunes up with romp over Milwaukee Career Tech
- Greenfield girls swimming team opens season with fourth place in Funfest meet
- Greenfield football team faces shortage of experience, depth
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Greenfield Hustlin' Hawks
- Whitnall football team hopes to reverse its luck
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Whitnall Falcons
- Whitnall baseball team improves during up-and-down season