Greenfield - Nicole Otto of Greenfield tends to attain most of her goals - and she realized her aspirations once again at the United States Junior National Championships in figure skating last week in East Lansing, Mich.
She qualified for the final round and wound up placing 14th in the Intermediate Ladies category in the national event.
"We are so proud," said her mother, Jennifer. "The competition was unbelievable! Her goal when she got out there was top 15, so she just made that. It was a great experience."
The trip held an additional benefit for Nicole, 14, who is a freshman at Whitnall High School.
"The rinks were on the campus of Michigan State University, so she got to see that college life going on around her," Jennifer continued. "She loved it. Outside of the constant stress of competing out there, it was really fun."
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall girls basketball team rolls past Milwaukee Hamilton in opener
- Greenfield boys team needs to overcome lack of experience, height
- Whitnall boys basketball team will rely heavily on younger players
- Greenfield's Kevin Meyers claims second national tandem bicycle title
- Whitnall underclassmen shine at WIAA Division 2 state swimming, diving meet
- Whitnall girls basketball team gears for transition season in 2014-15
- Greenfield swimmers see season end in WIAA Division 1 sectional meet
- Divers lead the way for Whitnall in WIAA Division 2 sectional meet
- Whitnall girls swimming, diving team grabs seconds at Woodland
- Greenfield girls volleyball team's season ended by nemesis Greendale