Greenfield - Nicole Otto of Greenfield tends to attain most of her goals - and she realized her aspirations once again at the United States Junior National Championships in figure skating last week in East Lansing, Mich.
She qualified for the final round and wound up placing 14th in the Intermediate Ladies category in the national event.
"We are so proud," said her mother, Jennifer. "The competition was unbelievable! Her goal when she got out there was top 15, so she just made that. It was a great experience."
The trip held an additional benefit for Nicole, 14, who is a freshman at Whitnall High School.
"The rinks were on the campus of Michigan State University, so she got to see that college life going on around her," Jennifer continued. "She loved it. Outside of the constant stress of competing out there, it was really fun."
- John Rech
- Improving Greenfield boys golf team claims fourth place in large Franklin Invitational
- Whitnall boys track and field team win own invite title
- Jack Miller resigns as Greenfield High School boys basketball coach (1)
- Whitnall girls claim team championship in own track invite
- Strong pitching helps keep Whitnall softball team unbeaten for young season
- Greenfield softball team posts five straight shutouts before loss to Westosha Central
- Whitnall's Bauer outduels Greenfield's Matthias in 1-0 softball victory
- Greenfield girls soccer team bounces back from two losses with shutout of West Allis Central
- Whitnall girls track team soars to fourth place in Woodland Conference Indoor Meet
- Herro, Taylor led Whitnall boys basketball team's march to state