Greenfield - Nicole Otto of Greenfield tends to attain most of her goals - and she realized her aspirations once again at the United States Junior National Championships in figure skating last week in East Lansing, Mich.
She qualified for the final round and wound up placing 14th in the Intermediate Ladies category in the national event.
"We are so proud," said her mother, Jennifer. "The competition was unbelievable! Her goal when she got out there was top 15, so she just made that. It was a great experience."
The trip held an additional benefit for Nicole, 14, who is a freshman at Whitnall High School.
"The rinks were on the campus of Michigan State University, so she got to see that college life going on around her," Jennifer continued. "She loved it. Outside of the constant stress of competing out there, it was really fun."
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jared McGranahan happy to be Whitnall's new football coach
- Whitnall softball team off to perfect start
- Sports Shorts: April 17
- Football: Whitnall hires new varsity football coach
- Deep Whitnall softball squad has high hopes for 2014 season
- Strong returnees boost Greenfield softball team
- Sports Shorts: April 10
- Whitnall girls track and field team wins Cedarburg Invite
- Greenfield boys track and field takes ninth to open season
- Whitnall girls rallied after slow season start