Greenfield - Nicole Otto of Greenfield tends to attain most of her goals - and she realized her aspirations once again at the United States Junior National Championships in figure skating last week in East Lansing, Mich.
She qualified for the final round and wound up placing 14th in the Intermediate Ladies category in the national event.
"We are so proud," said her mother, Jennifer. "The competition was unbelievable! Her goal when she got out there was top 15, so she just made that. It was a great experience."
The trip held an additional benefit for Nicole, 14, who is a freshman at Whitnall High School.
"The rinks were on the campus of Michigan State University, so she got to see that college life going on around her," Jennifer continued. "She loved it. Outside of the constant stress of competing out there, it was really fun."
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: Dec. 5
- Whitnall girls basketball have some questions to answer
- Free throws help Whitnall boys basketball clinch win
- Greenfield native makes wrestling Hall of Fame
- Charles scores state swim point for Greenfield girls
- Whitnall girls duo place at state diving
- Greenfield boys face some rebuilding in basketball
- Whitnall boys basketball will expand offense
- Whitnall basketball to expand offense in 2013-14
- Doherty, Cieszynski place at state diving