Greenfield - Nicole Otto, 14, of Greenfield is preparing to test herself against the top figure skaters in the country.
Otto will compete in the 2012 United States Junior National Championships in East Lansing, Mich., on Dec. 9-13. She will participate in the Intermediate Ladies level.
Otto claimed the silver medal at the U.S. Upper Great Lakes Regional Championships in St. Paul, Minn., on Oct. 14-18.
She won the first round, earning the top score of 100 competitors, and headed into the short program. She finished second there and went into the final freeskate program, where she also placed second.
That gave her the silver medal for the Intermediate Ladies group.
Otto is training at the Rink Side Ice Arena in Gurnee, Ill.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall girls basketball team rolls past Milwaukee Hamilton in opener
- Greenfield boys team needs to overcome lack of experience, height
- Whitnall boys basketball team will rely heavily on younger players
- Greenfield's Kevin Meyers claims second national tandem bicycle title
- Whitnall underclassmen shine at WIAA Division 2 state swimming, diving meet
- Whitnall girls basketball team gears for transition season in 2014-15
- Greenfield swimmers see season end in WIAA Division 1 sectional meet
- Divers lead the way for Whitnall in WIAA Division 2 sectional meet
- Whitnall girls swimming, diving team grabs seconds at Woodland
- Greenfield girls volleyball team's season ended by nemesis Greendale