Greenfield - Nicole Otto, 14, of Greenfield is preparing to test herself against the top figure skaters in the country.
Otto will compete in the 2012 United States Junior National Championships in East Lansing, Mich., on Dec. 9-13. She will participate in the Intermediate Ladies level.
Otto claimed the silver medal at the U.S. Upper Great Lakes Regional Championships in St. Paul, Minn., on Oct. 14-18.
She won the first round, earning the top score of 100 competitors, and headed into the short program. She finished second there and went into the final freeskate program, where she also placed second.
That gave her the silver medal for the Intermediate Ladies group.
Otto is training at the Rink Side Ice Arena in Gurnee, Ill.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local woman reaches the heights in state skeetshooting tournament
- Whitnall breaks through for first football victory of 2014 season
- Greenfield falls just short of upsetting Brown Deer in football game
- Whitnall girls volleyball team hands Greendale first Woodland defeat
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 26
- Football: South Milwaukee football dominant over Greenfield
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Whitnall football team handed yet another tough defeat by Rockets
- Ezekial Banks' long run boosts Greenfield football team past Messwood
- Football: Banks delivers big run as Greenfield rallies