Greenfield - Nicole Otto, 14, of Greenfield is preparing to test herself against the top figure skaters in the country.
Otto will compete in the 2012 United States Junior National Championships in East Lansing, Mich., on Dec. 9-13. She will participate in the Intermediate Ladies level.
Otto claimed the silver medal at the U.S. Upper Great Lakes Regional Championships in St. Paul, Minn., on Oct. 14-18.
She won the first round, earning the top score of 100 competitors, and headed into the short program. She finished second there and went into the final freeskate program, where she also placed second.
That gave her the silver medal for the Intermediate Ladies group.
Otto is training at the Rink Side Ice Arena in Gurnee, Ill.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall falls to Tech in regional
- Co-op gymnasts aim for fourth state title
- Sports Shorts: March 6
- Boys basketball: Whitnall squeaks past South Milwaukee
- Boys basketball: Medenwaldt's clutch three caps stunning rally for Oak Creek
- Whitnall's Bell dives for third
- Whitnall's Monty reaches state wrestling tournament
- Greenfield/Greendale boys swim relay narrowly misses state history
- Dominance leads to league title for co-op gymnasts
- Whitnall's Monty reaches state wrestling meet