Lisiecki, Kohl lead way for Greenfield in opener
Hawks launch 2013 track season in invite
Stephen Lisiecki and Madison Kohl both earned third places to lead the way for the Greenfield track and field teams at Saturday's Wisconsin Lutheran Invitational.
Lisiecki came in third in the boys 400-meter dash with a personal-best 54.43 seconds, while Kohl claimed that spot in the girls 400 dash with a personal-best 1 minute, 3.76 seconds.
"Kohl also ran a very strong opening leg for the 4 x 400 team (which finished 16th) and looks to be poised to have a strong season," Greenfield head coach Adam Tiedt said.
Tuyet Nguyen placed fourth in the long jump with 16 feet-8 inches for the Hustlin' Hawks.
Taking sixth for the boys were Casey Sabinash in the 1,600 run (4:39.29), Andy Sabinash in the 3,200 run (10:30.62), Robert Hopeful in the long jump (19-9½) and the 4 x 400 relay team of Lisiecki, Kyle Schahczinski, Keith Hetzel and Xavier Copeland (3:44.78).
Claiming eighth for the boys were Copeland in the 200 dash (24.3) and the 4 x 200 relay squad of Michael Kaifesh, Alex Ljubic, Schahczinski and Eric Suminski (1:43.15).
For the girls, Stephanie van Wieringen came in eighth in the high jump (4-6) and Nguyen did the same in the 55 hurdles.
The Greenfield boys tallied 20 points for ninth place in the 17-team event, while the girls scored 11½ points for 14th place.
The Hawks next take part in a triangular at 4:30 p.m. Monday at West Allis Central, then the Racine Case Invitational March 30.
The Falcons started the season with a triangular meet at West Allis Central on March 12, finishing third with 40 points.
Their individual winners were Jenny Lawton in the 55 high hurdles (10.2) and the 55 intermediate hurdles (10.5) and Jasmine Van Tine in the 3,200-meter run (13:26.6).
- Improving Greenfield boys golf team claims fourth place in large Franklin Invitational
- Whitnall boys track and field team win own invite title
- Jack Miller resigns as Greenfield High School boys basketball coach (1)
- Whitnall girls claim team championship in own track invite
- Strong pitching helps keep Whitnall softball team unbeaten for young season
- Greenfield softball team posts five straight shutouts before loss to Westosha Central
- Whitnall's Bauer outduels Greenfield's Matthias in 1-0 softball victory
- Greenfield girls soccer team bounces back from two losses with shutout of West Allis Central
- Whitnall girls track team soars to fourth place in Woodland Conference Indoor Meet
- Herro, Taylor led Whitnall boys basketball team's march to state