Lisiecki, Kohl lead way for Greenfield in opener
Hawks launch 2013 track season in invite
Stephen Lisiecki and Madison Kohl both earned third places to lead the way for the Greenfield track and field teams at Saturday's Wisconsin Lutheran Invitational.
Lisiecki came in third in the boys 400-meter dash with a personal-best 54.43 seconds, while Kohl claimed that spot in the girls 400 dash with a personal-best 1 minute, 3.76 seconds.
"Kohl also ran a very strong opening leg for the 4 x 400 team (which finished 16th) and looks to be poised to have a strong season," Greenfield head coach Adam Tiedt said.
Tuyet Nguyen placed fourth in the long jump with 16 feet-8 inches for the Hustlin' Hawks.
Taking sixth for the boys were Casey Sabinash in the 1,600 run (4:39.29), Andy Sabinash in the 3,200 run (10:30.62), Robert Hopeful in the long jump (19-9½) and the 4 x 400 relay team of Lisiecki, Kyle Schahczinski, Keith Hetzel and Xavier Copeland (3:44.78).
Claiming eighth for the boys were Copeland in the 200 dash (24.3) and the 4 x 200 relay squad of Michael Kaifesh, Alex Ljubic, Schahczinski and Eric Suminski (1:43.15).
For the girls, Stephanie van Wieringen came in eighth in the high jump (4-6) and Nguyen did the same in the 55 hurdles.
The Greenfield boys tallied 20 points for ninth place in the 17-team event, while the girls scored 11½ points for 14th place.
The Hawks next take part in a triangular at 4:30 p.m. Monday at West Allis Central, then the Racine Case Invitational March 30.
The Falcons started the season with a triangular meet at West Allis Central on March 12, finishing third with 40 points.
Their individual winners were Jenny Lawton in the 55 high hurdles (10.2) and the 55 intermediate hurdles (10.5) and Jasmine Van Tine in the 3,200-meter run (13:26.6).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Returning starters look to help Whitnall boys basketball team make strides
- Sierra Grubor, Kendall Stribling lead Whitnall girls basketball team over Elkhorn in season debut
- Balanced attack boosts Greenfield girls basketball team past Racine Park in opener
- Greenfield Junior Hawks post sterling 19-3-1 record in football
- Greenfield girls basketball team will have a new look in 2015-16 season
- Greenfield native George Rajak honing hockey skills in US Premier League
- Doherty, Beckman earn fifth places for Whitnall at state swimming, diving meet
- Large group of returnees gives Whitnall girls basketball team hope for season
- Girls swimming: Greenfield's Claudia Kirkpatrick headed to state swimming
- Girls swimming: McElvain leads eight Whitnall entries to state swimming meet