Hale, Central, Whitnall capture firsts in Hale Invitational track meet
Track teams in middle of pack
A number of first places went to the West Allis Hale, West Allis Central and Whitnall girls track and field teams at the Hale Invitational on Friday, May 16.
Winning for the Huskies were Melaine Ziolecki in the 300-meter hurdles with 51.79 seconds and Elizabeth Brunner in the triple jump with 35 feet-11 inches.
Whitnall's Jasmine Bickerstaff claimed the 100 hurdles in 17.11 seconds and Jenny Bahling took first place in the 1,110-meter steeplechase at 4 minutes, 16.78 seconds.
Central's Ella Schultz secured the other area championship by capturing the shot put with 34-11.
Hale places fourth
The Huskies led the local contingent in the team standings, finishing fourth with 81 points. Central was right behind in fifth place with 59 points and Whitnall came in sixth with 571/2 points.
Claiming second for Hale were Ellie Probst in the 800 run (2:25.77), Nicole Flagge in the pole vault (8-6) and the 4x800 relay team (10:46.12). Names were not available.
Capturing second for the Falcons were Kristy Crivello in the steeplechase (4:19.96), the 4x100 throwers relay team (1:02.64) and the 4x400 relay unit (4:29.2).
Taking second for Central were Semetria Jackson in the 100 dash (13.63) and Katherine Wardinski in the 1,600 run (5:28.89).
Finishing third for the Bulldogs were Coral Davis in the 400 dash (1:04.63) and the 4x100 relay team (54.54). Snaring third for the Huskies were Brunner in the high jump (4-10) and the 4x400 relay squad (4:35.96).
Taking home fourth for Whitnall were Kim Hurst in the 800 run (2:36.69), Alex Radant in the pole vault (7-6) and the 4x200 relay (1:56.13).
For the Huskies, fourth places went to Madison Mihaljevic in the 1,600 run (5:41.84), Melanie Freet in the 300 hurdles (54.24) and the 4x100 relay unit (57.52).
Dana Batchelor of Central took fourth in the 100 hurdles (18.26).
Snaring fifth were Megan Turner of Central in the shot put (30-10) and Hale's 4x200 relay (1:58.24).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local woman reaches the heights in state skeetshooting tournament
- Whitnall breaks through for first football victory of 2014 season
- Greenfield falls just short of upsetting Brown Deer in football game
- Whitnall girls volleyball team hands Greendale first Woodland defeat
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 26
- Football: South Milwaukee football dominant over Greenfield
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Whitnall football team handed yet another tough defeat by Rockets
- Ezekial Banks' long run boosts Greenfield football team past Messwood
- Football: Banks delivers big run as Greenfield rallies