Greenfield wins two of three with Cudahy, falls to West in baseball
Hawks get sweep of Packers in WC
The schedule gave the Greenfield baseball team three meetings with Cudahy last week, and the Hustlin' Hawks won two of those.
Greenfield dropped the Packers 5-2 on June 17 and 1-0 on June 16.
Strong pitching helped the Hawks to both victories. In the June 17 game, Ben Fularczyk worked a complete game, allowing nine hits, striking out four and walking none.
He was helped by Richard Thomas, who had two hits and drove in a run, and KeAndre Miller, who also brought in a run. The Hawks made the most of six hits.
Dominick Meyer was even better on the mound in the earlier contest, giving up four hits while striking out seven. He also drove in the lone run of the game in the first inning.
The Hawks improved to 4-1 in the Woodland Conference East Division.
Greenfield took on Cudahy once again in the South Milwaukee Wood Bat Tournament on June 21 and lost a 7-4 decision.
Meyer went 3-for-4 with one run batted in for Greenfield.
That tournament continues on Saturday, June 28 at South Milwaukee and Sheridan Park in Cudahy.
Greenfield also fell 11-0 to Wauwatosa West on June 19 to slip to 5-4 in complete Woodland play and 8-7 overall.
The Hawks welcome Southeast Wisconsin Christian Homeschool Athletes at 5 p.m. on Thursday, June 26.
- Greenfield softball team downs South Milwaukee, captures outright Woodland Conference title
- Jasmine Bickerstaff's first place helps boost Whitnall girls track, field team to third in Woodland
- New Greenfield boys basketball coach Kyle Johnsen confident about future of program
- Greenfield boys golf team breaks into top half of Woodland Conference standings
- Biersack belts two home runs to boost Greenfield past Whitnall in softball showdown
- Greenfield boys golf team captures Woodland Conference East Division championship
- Greenfield High School hires Kyle Johnsen as head boys basketball coach
- Greenfield girls soccer team bounces back with big victory over South Milwaukee
- Greenfield softball team tunes up for Woodland showdown with six victories
- Whitnall softball team knocks off mighty Westosha Central