Greenfield wins two of three with Cudahy, falls to West in baseball
Hawks get sweep of Packers in WC
The schedule gave the Greenfield baseball team three meetings with Cudahy last week, and the Hustlin' Hawks won two of those.
Greenfield dropped the Packers 5-2 on June 17 and 1-0 on June 16.
Strong pitching helped the Hawks to both victories. In the June 17 game, Ben Fularczyk worked a complete game, allowing nine hits, striking out four and walking none.
He was helped by Richard Thomas, who had two hits and drove in a run, and KeAndre Miller, who also brought in a run. The Hawks made the most of six hits.
Dominick Meyer was even better on the mound in the earlier contest, giving up four hits while striking out seven. He also drove in the lone run of the game in the first inning.
The Hawks improved to 4-1 in the Woodland Conference East Division.
Greenfield took on Cudahy once again in the South Milwaukee Wood Bat Tournament on June 21 and lost a 7-4 decision.
Meyer went 3-for-4 with one run batted in for Greenfield.
That tournament continues on Saturday, June 28 at South Milwaukee and Sheridan Park in Cudahy.
Greenfield also fell 11-0 to Wauwatosa West on June 19 to slip to 5-4 in complete Woodland play and 8-7 overall.
The Hawks welcome Southeast Wisconsin Christian Homeschool Athletes at 5 p.m. on Thursday, June 26.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fast start propels Whitnall boys basketball team past Kenosha Bradford in season opener
- Outlook uncertain at early stage of season for Greenfield boys basketball team
- Defense helps Whitnall girls basketball team post 3-0 start to season
- Returning starters look to help Whitnall boys basketball team make strides
- Sierra Grubor, Kendall Stribling lead Whitnall girls basketball team over Elkhorn in season debut
- Balanced attack boosts Greenfield girls basketball team past Racine Park in opener
- Greenfield Junior Hawks post sterling 19-3-1 record in football
- Greenfield girls basketball team will have a new look in 2015-16 season
- Greenfield native George Rajak honing hockey skills in US Premier League
- Doherty, Beckman earn fifth places for Whitnall at state swimming, diving meet