Greenfield track and field teams perform well at Racine Invite
Boys take eighth, girls 12th
The Greenfield track and field teams competed well in last Saturday's Racine Invitational, as the boys took eighth of 18 schools while the girls were 12th of 18.
The Hustlin' Hawks boys scored 30.25 points for its spot while Franklin took first with 64 and Muskego second with 56.
Greenfield was led by junior Casey Sabinash, who was second in the 800 meters with a time of 2 minutes, 4.02 seconds, while junior Robert Hopeful was fourth in the triple jump with a leap of 39 feet-9 inches.
Other places by event for the Hustlin' Hawks included the following - 400-meter dash: Xavier Copeland, fifth (54.3 seconds); 3,200: Andy Sabinash, fourth (10:36.14); 800 relay: Kyle Schahczinski, Nicholas Walloch, Mike Kaifesh and Eric Suminski, eighth (1:39.92); 3,200 relay: Andy Sabinash, Dylan Kumbera, Quinton Kufahl and Casey Sabinash, fifth (8:57.52); 1,600 relay: Kyle Schahczinski, Casey Sabinash, Stephen Lisiecki and Copeland, sixth (3:41.96); High jump: Keith Hetzel, eighth (tie 5-4).
Greenfield's girls scored 16.5 points for its spot as Kenosha Tremper won with 72.
Tuyet Nguyen was second in the triple jump with a leap of 34.5.
Other places for the Hustlin' Hawks included the following - 55 hurdles: Nguyen, fifth (9.76); High jump: Stephanie van Wieringen, fifth (tie, 4-10); 3,200 relay: Sierra Kumbera, Ashlee Schilling, Keely Hanley and Tia Ruhland, eighth (11:38.85).
-Steven L. Tietz
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield baseball season ended by Woodland rival West in regional
- Baseball: Franklin finally finds its bats, collects big hits in rout of Whitnall
- Whitnall closes out regular baseball season with victory over Lions
- Greenfield wins baseball division title, ends championship drought
- Whitnall baseball team drops two of three in Woodland Conference play
- Whitnall earns split with Brown Deer, then runs into strong pitching
- Greenfield baseball team falls to SWCHA in non-conference contest
- Greenfield's Bella Matthias put up incredible numbers in 2014 season
- Liz Thon helps Whitnall softball team become a real power in 2014
- Whitnall girls basketball team achieves high state academic honor