Playoffs: Lost in regional final to Cudahy 78-47
1 Greenfield's roster includes seven seniors this season, and they know each other well. That experience should be a good starting point for the team. "We have seniors that have varsity experience and have played together for a number of years," Graetz said.
2 The Hawks should have good team defense again this season, but they lack size, which will hurt them in rebounding, Graetz said. They will need to be smart and savvy to collect their share of boards.
3 They must replace the points provided by Vidakovich and Narloch last season, so Graetz is trying to find one or two consistent scorers. If the Hawks can do that, Graetz feels they can be successful. "I think we'll take another step closer to being more competitive within the conference," he said.
Coach: Rob Graetz
Key returnees: Amber Polachek, Sr. (6.1 ppg); Jill Dworschack, Sr. (3.9 ppg); Michelle Garner, Sr. (4.1 ppg)
Key losses: Kristina Vidakovich (10.4 ppg), Katie Narloch (7.8 ppg), Alex Sokol (5.6 ppg)
The Hustlin' Hawks lost their top two scorers from last season, so the first priority is finding someone to pick up that offensive slack. The defense, which was solid at times last year, will be another big key for Greenfield if it is to be competitive in the Woodland Conference.
Nov. 29 - Waterford; Dec. 2 - New Berlin Eisenhower; Dec. 6 - at Wauwatosa West; Dec. 9 - Whitnall; Dec. 13 - at South Milwaukee; Dec. 16 - Milwaukee Pulaski; Dec. 20 - Shorewood; Dec. 22 - Milwaukee Juneau; Jan. 3 - at New Berlin Eisenhower; Jan. 6 - New Berlin West; Jan. 10 - at Brown Deer; Jan. 13 - at Greendale; Jan. 17 - Brookfield East; Jan. 20 - St. Thomas More; Jan. 27 - at Pewaukee; Jan. 31 -Cudahy; Feb. 3 - at St. Francis; Feb. 10 - Greendale; Feb. 17 - South Milwaukee; Feb. 21 - at West Allis Hale; Feb. 24 - at Whitnall; Feb. 29 - Wauwatosa West
- Greenfield softball team downs South Milwaukee, captures outright Woodland Conference title
- Jasmine Bickerstaff's first place helps boost Whitnall girls track, field team to third in Woodland
- New Greenfield boys basketball coach Kyle Johnsen confident about future of program
- Greenfield boys golf team breaks into top half of Woodland Conference standings
- Biersack belts two home runs to boost Greenfield past Whitnall in softball showdown
- Greenfield boys golf team captures Woodland Conference East Division championship
- Greenfield High School hires Kyle Johnsen as head boys basketball coach
- Greenfield girls soccer team bounces back with big victory over South Milwaukee
- Greenfield softball team tunes up for Woodland showdown with six victories
- Whitnall softball team knocks off mighty Westosha Central