Playoffs: Lost in regional final to Cudahy 78-47
1 Greenfield's roster includes seven seniors this season, and they know each other well. That experience should be a good starting point for the team. "We have seniors that have varsity experience and have played together for a number of years," Graetz said.
2 The Hawks should have good team defense again this season, but they lack size, which will hurt them in rebounding, Graetz said. They will need to be smart and savvy to collect their share of boards.
3 They must replace the points provided by Vidakovich and Narloch last season, so Graetz is trying to find one or two consistent scorers. If the Hawks can do that, Graetz feels they can be successful. "I think we'll take another step closer to being more competitive within the conference," he said.
Coach: Rob Graetz
Key returnees: Amber Polachek, Sr. (6.1 ppg); Jill Dworschack, Sr. (3.9 ppg); Michelle Garner, Sr. (4.1 ppg)
Key losses: Kristina Vidakovich (10.4 ppg), Katie Narloch (7.8 ppg), Alex Sokol (5.6 ppg)
The Hustlin' Hawks lost their top two scorers from last season, so the first priority is finding someone to pick up that offensive slack. The defense, which was solid at times last year, will be another big key for Greenfield if it is to be competitive in the Woodland Conference.
Nov. 29 - Waterford; Dec. 2 - New Berlin Eisenhower; Dec. 6 - at Wauwatosa West; Dec. 9 - Whitnall; Dec. 13 - at South Milwaukee; Dec. 16 - Milwaukee Pulaski; Dec. 20 - Shorewood; Dec. 22 - Milwaukee Juneau; Jan. 3 - at New Berlin Eisenhower; Jan. 6 - New Berlin West; Jan. 10 - at Brown Deer; Jan. 13 - at Greendale; Jan. 17 - Brookfield East; Jan. 20 - St. Thomas More; Jan. 27 - at Pewaukee; Jan. 31 -Cudahy; Feb. 3 - at St. Francis; Feb. 10 - Greendale; Feb. 17 - South Milwaukee; Feb. 21 - at West Allis Hale; Feb. 24 - at Whitnall; Feb. 29 - Wauwatosa West
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Returning starters look to help Whitnall boys basketball team make strides
- Sierra Grubor, Kendall Stribling lead Whitnall girls basketball team over Elkhorn in season debut
- Balanced attack boosts Greenfield girls basketball team past Racine Park in opener
- Greenfield Junior Hawks post sterling 19-3-1 record in football
- Greenfield girls basketball team will have a new look in 2015-16 season
- Greenfield native George Rajak honing hockey skills in US Premier League
- Doherty, Beckman earn fifth places for Whitnall at state swimming, diving meet
- Large group of returnees gives Whitnall girls basketball team hope for season
- Girls swimming: Greenfield's Claudia Kirkpatrick headed to state swimming
- Girls swimming: McElvain leads eight Whitnall entries to state swimming meet