Greenfield - With three players in double digits in scoring and a fourth just missing that level, the Greenfield girls basketball team won its first Woodland Conference game of the season on Jan. 8.
The Hustlin' Hawks downed St. Francis, 65-52, to improve their conference mark to 1-9 and their overall mark to 2-9.
Tuyet Nguyen scored 14 points to lead the Hawks, while Dana Schwab and Mallory Kleczka each added 12 points and Erika Deubig nine points.
A total of nine players got in the scorebook for Greenfield, which jumped in front 16-9 after one quarter and 34-22 at the half.
The Hawks could not follow up on that victory in their next game, however, as they dropped a 43-35 decision to Brown Deer on Friday night.
Greenfield had a bad start in that one, trailing 15-4 after the first period and 26-13 at the half. An 18-point fourth period made things interesting.
Kleczka tallied 18 points and Schwab nine to pace the Hawks.
In its next contest, Greenfield will face St. Francis again at home at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 22.
-- John Rech
- Clutch hitting helps Whitnall baseball team complete three-game Woodland sweep
- Struggles continue for Greenfield baseball team in 0-3 week
- Big innings taking Greenfield baseball team out of games this season
- Whitnall baseball team puts together good week until pair of losses to Pius XI
- Whitnall baseball team still searching for consistency
- John Quinlan named new head football coach at Whitnall High School
- Inexperience hurting Greenfield baseball team
- Football: Shane Covington named new head football coach at Greenfield High School
- McGranahan leaves Whitnall football coaching job to take Kenosha Tremper position
- Whitnall's Bickerstaff moves on to state track and field meet in hurdles race