Greenfield - With three players in double digits in scoring and a fourth just missing that level, the Greenfield girls basketball team won its first Woodland Conference game of the season on Jan. 8.
The Hustlin' Hawks downed St. Francis, 65-52, to improve their conference mark to 1-9 and their overall mark to 2-9.
Tuyet Nguyen scored 14 points to lead the Hawks, while Dana Schwab and Mallory Kleczka each added 12 points and Erika Deubig nine points.
A total of nine players got in the scorebook for Greenfield, which jumped in front 16-9 after one quarter and 34-22 at the half.
The Hawks could not follow up on that victory in their next game, however, as they dropped a 43-35 decision to Brown Deer on Friday night.
Greenfield had a bad start in that one, trailing 15-4 after the first period and 26-13 at the half. An 18-point fourth period made things interesting.
Kleczka tallied 18 points and Schwab nine to pace the Hawks.
In its next contest, Greenfield will face St. Francis again at home at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 22.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall boys soccer team tops Greendale, holds onto Woodland lead
- Football: Tre'Vaughn Craig fills gap and Greenfield football holds on to down Whitnall
- Greenfield football team pulls away from Cudahy to post Woodland Conference victory
- Offense helps Whitnall boys soccer team bolt to 9-1-1 season record
- Whitnall football team downs Shorewood/Messmer, clinches WIAA playoff berth
- Whitnall girls volleyball team completes season sweep of Woodland East rivals
- Greenfield football team handed first loss of season by Brown Deer
- Whitnall football team continues strong run through Woodland East Division
- Whitnall's Lauren Lent captures second straight world powerlifting championship
- Whitnall football team continues surge by routing Brown Deer