Greenfield - With three players in double digits in scoring and a fourth just missing that level, the Greenfield girls basketball team won its first Woodland Conference game of the season on Jan. 8.
The Hustlin' Hawks downed St. Francis, 65-52, to improve their conference mark to 1-9 and their overall mark to 2-9.
Tuyet Nguyen scored 14 points to lead the Hawks, while Dana Schwab and Mallory Kleczka each added 12 points and Erika Deubig nine points.
A total of nine players got in the scorebook for Greenfield, which jumped in front 16-9 after one quarter and 34-22 at the half.
The Hawks could not follow up on that victory in their next game, however, as they dropped a 43-35 decision to Brown Deer on Friday night.
Greenfield had a bad start in that one, trailing 15-4 after the first period and 26-13 at the half. An 18-point fourth period made things interesting.
Kleczka tallied 18 points and Schwab nine to pace the Hawks.
In its next contest, Greenfield will face St. Francis again at home at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 22.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Everything is coming together for unbeaten Greenfield softball team
- Veteran Greenfield boys tennis team downs South Milwaukee
- Greenfield girls soccer team blanks two opponents after tough loss to Greendale
- Brookfield Bulldogs return plenty of talent
- Sport Shorts: April 30, 2015
- Relay gives Whitnall girls track team victory in quad
- Greenfield's Matthias continues pitching dominance
- Whitnall softball team racks up three easy victories in big week
- Greenfield softball team continues red-hot start to season
- Track and field: Distance relay takes second for Hawks