Greenfield boys track and field takes ninth to open season
Girls squad places 12th at Rapid Force Indoor Invitational
Stephen Lisiecki brought home a pair of second places as the Greenfield boys track and field team finished ninth in the Rapid Force Indoor Invitational at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside on Saturday.
Lisiecki, a junior, took runner-up honors in the 400-meter dash with 54.55 seconds and ran with sophomore Dylan Kumbera and seniors Andy and Casey Sabinash to place second in the 3,200 relay at 8 minutes, 50.95 seconds.
Senior Robbie Hopeful claimed third in the long jump with 20 feet, 7 inches.
The Greenfield girls squad nabbed two third places, with those from junior Madison Kohl in the 400 dash (1:03.33) and junior Tuyet Nguyen in the long jump (16-71/2). Nguyen was also fifth in the 55 hurdles (9.62).
Casey Sabinash finished sixth in the 3,200 run (10:20.68).
Placing seventh for the boys were junior Nick Wotnoske in the 55 intermediate hurdles (9.84) and junior Keith Hetzel in the high jump (5-6).
The girls 3,200 relay unit of sophomore Keely Hanley, Kohl, junior Leslie Hoffman and sophomore Megan Theune took seventh (11:06.95).
Senior Stephanie Van Wieringen came in eighth in the high jump (4-8) to round out the top eight for the Hustlin' Hawks.
The boys squad tallied 281/2 points for ninth place, while the girls scored 19 points for 12th place.
— John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield baseball season ended by Woodland rival West in regional
- Baseball: Franklin finally finds its bats, collects big hits in rout of Whitnall
- Whitnall closes out regular baseball season with victory over Lions
- Greenfield wins baseball division title, ends championship drought
- Whitnall baseball team drops two of three in Woodland Conference play
- Whitnall earns split with Brown Deer, then runs into strong pitching
- Greenfield baseball team falls to SWCHA in non-conference contest
- Greenfield's Bella Matthias put up incredible numbers in 2014 season
- Liz Thon helps Whitnall softball team become a real power in 2014
- Whitnall girls basketball team achieves high state academic honor