Greenfield boys track and field takes ninth to open season
Girls squad places 12th at Rapid Force Indoor Invitational
Stephen Lisiecki brought home a pair of second places as the Greenfield boys track and field team finished ninth in the Rapid Force Indoor Invitational at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside on Saturday.
Lisiecki, a junior, took runner-up honors in the 400-meter dash with 54.55 seconds and ran with sophomore Dylan Kumbera and seniors Andy and Casey Sabinash to place second in the 3,200 relay at 8 minutes, 50.95 seconds.
Senior Robbie Hopeful claimed third in the long jump with 20 feet, 7 inches.
The Greenfield girls squad nabbed two third places, with those from junior Madison Kohl in the 400 dash (1:03.33) and junior Tuyet Nguyen in the long jump (16-71/2). Nguyen was also fifth in the 55 hurdles (9.62).
Casey Sabinash finished sixth in the 3,200 run (10:20.68).
Placing seventh for the boys were junior Nick Wotnoske in the 55 intermediate hurdles (9.84) and junior Keith Hetzel in the high jump (5-6).
The girls 3,200 relay unit of sophomore Keely Hanley, Kohl, junior Leslie Hoffman and sophomore Megan Theune took seventh (11:06.95).
Senior Stephanie Van Wieringen came in eighth in the high jump (4-8) to round out the top eight for the Hustlin' Hawks.
The boys squad tallied 281/2 points for ninth place, while the girls scored 19 points for 12th place.
— John Rech
- Whitnall softball team wins in different ways, remains unbeaten at 13-0 for season
- Improving Greenfield boys golf team claims fourth place in large Franklin Invitational
- Whitnall boys track and field team win own invite title
- Jack Miller resigns as Greenfield High School boys basketball coach (1)
- Whitnall girls claim team championship in own track invite
- Strong pitching helps keep Whitnall softball team unbeaten for young season
- Greenfield softball team posts five straight shutouts before loss to Westosha Central
- Whitnall's Bauer outduels Greenfield's Matthias in 1-0 softball victory
- Greenfield girls soccer team bounces back from two losses with shutout of West Allis Central
- Whitnall girls track team soars to fourth place in Woodland Conference Indoor Meet