The Greenfield baseball team dropped a 6-4 contest to the Southeast Wisconsin Christian Homeschool Athletes squad June 26.
Parker Rome went 3-for-4 and drove in two runs, while Zach Szalacinski was 2-for-4 for the Hustlin' Hawks, who outhit SWCHA 9-4 in the defeat.
Dominick Meyer, Adam Nischke and Zach Szalacinski all pitched for Greenfield, which fell to 8-8 overall.
A scheduled two-game set with St. Francis for June 23-24 was moved to earlier this week.
The Hawks welcome New Berlin Eisenhower at 5 p.m. Thursday, July 3, and are then off until Monday, July 7, when they host Brown Deer, also at 5 p.m.
Greenfield visits Brown Deer at 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 8, as Woodland Conference play winds down for the season.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall baseball team nips New Berlin Eisenhower in regional thriller
- Whitnall baseball team upsets Muskego in regional title
- Baseball: Franklin pitching proves too strong for Whitnall in WIAA sectional semifinal contest
- Baseball: Fortman pitches Franklin past Greenfield in WIAA regional championship baseball game
- Struggles continue for Greenfield baseball team in regular season's final week
- Whitnall baseball team finishes 0-3 in Woodland Conference Tournament
- Whitnall's Thon compiles outstanding hitting record (1)
- Greenfield baseball team pulls out pair of one-run games in Woodland
- Whitnall baseball team finding more consistency, improving rapidly
- Greenfield softball star Matthias poses huge challenge to opposing hitters