The Greenfield baseball team dropped a 6-4 contest to the Southeast Wisconsin Christian Homeschool Athletes squad June 26.
Parker Rome went 3-for-4 and drove in two runs, while Zach Szalacinski was 2-for-4 for the Hustlin' Hawks, who outhit SWCHA 9-4 in the defeat.
Dominick Meyer, Adam Nischke and Zach Szalacinski all pitched for Greenfield, which fell to 8-8 overall.
A scheduled two-game set with St. Francis for June 23-24 was moved to earlier this week.
The Hawks welcome New Berlin Eisenhower at 5 p.m. Thursday, July 3, and are then off until Monday, July 7, when they host Brown Deer, also at 5 p.m.
Greenfield visits Brown Deer at 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 8, as Woodland Conference play winds down for the season.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield baseball season ended by Woodland rival West in regional
- Baseball: Franklin finally finds its bats, collects big hits in rout of Whitnall
- Whitnall closes out regular baseball season with victory over Lions
- Greenfield wins baseball division title, ends championship drought
- Whitnall baseball team drops two of three in Woodland Conference play
- Whitnall earns split with Brown Deer, then runs into strong pitching
- Greenfield baseball team falls to SWCHA in non-conference contest
- Greenfield's Bella Matthias put up incredible numbers in 2014 season
- Liz Thon helps Whitnall softball team become a real power in 2014
- Whitnall girls basketball team achieves high state academic honor