The Greenfield baseball team dropped a 6-4 contest to the Southeast Wisconsin Christian Homeschool Athletes squad June 26.
Parker Rome went 3-for-4 and drove in two runs, while Zach Szalacinski was 2-for-4 for the Hustlin' Hawks, who outhit SWCHA 9-4 in the defeat.
Dominick Meyer, Adam Nischke and Zach Szalacinski all pitched for Greenfield, which fell to 8-8 overall.
A scheduled two-game set with St. Francis for June 23-24 was moved to earlier this week.
The Hawks welcome New Berlin Eisenhower at 5 p.m. Thursday, July 3, and are then off until Monday, July 7, when they host Brown Deer, also at 5 p.m.
Greenfield visits Brown Deer at 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 8, as Woodland Conference play winds down for the season.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall/Greendale wrestlers pull themselves off mat, top New Berlin in Woodland Conference dual
- Greenfield/Greendale/Pius XI boys swimmers surge to Kenosha Bradford Invitational crown
- Shooting determines fate of Whitnall girls basketball team in pair of games
- Whitnall boys shake off slow start, go on to hammer South Milwaukee in Woodland Conference
- Whitnall boys basketball team sweeps three foes, wins twice in Woodland Conference
- Victory over rival, Plymouth Invitational crown highlight big week for Greenfield wrestlers
- Greenfield/Greendale/Pius XI boys swimmers snare sixth in strong Marquette Invitational
- Whitnall/Greendale wrestlers come away with third place at Manawa Invitational
- Greenfield/Greendale/Pius XI boys swimming team wins six events at Homestead Metro Invitational
- Will to win helps Whitnall boys basketball team prevail over Westosha Central