Although the temperatures are still warm and children have not yet returned to school, the fall sports season is actually beginning this week.
The Whitnall girls tennis team was the first to get into action with an invitational at Delevan-Darien on Tuesday of this week.
The Falcons then open dual meets at Waterford at 9:30 a.m. Aug. 19 and visit South Milwaukee for an invitational at 9 a.m. Aug. 21.
Greenfield also takes the tennis courts at the South Milwaukee Invitational, which continues into the next day.
Whitnall and Greenfield launch their girls swimming seasons on Aug. 24 with the annual Fountainwood Invitational, the only outdoors meet of the year.
The Hustlin' Hawks boys soccer team travels to Racine Case at 3:45 p.m. Aug. 21 for an invitational.
The West Allis Central soccer squad starts off at Union Grove at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 20, then turns around and hosts Cudahy at 4:30 p.m. Aug. 22.
Hale plays soccer at 5 p.m. Aug. 20 at Wright Middle School against Waukesha South, then visits New Berlin West at 4:30 p.m. Aug. 23.
Football season begins on Aug. 23. Greenfield hosts Germantown, West Allis Central visits Watertown and Whitnall is at Slinger at 7 p.m. that day. Hale welcomes Lake Geneva Badger at 4 p.m. on Aug. 24.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: Dec. 5
- Whitnall girls basketball have some questions to answer (1)
- Free throws help Whitnall boys basketball clinch win
- Greenfield native makes wrestling Hall of Fame
- Charles scores state swim point for Greenfield girls
- Whitnall girls duo place at state diving (1)
- Greenfield boys face some rebuilding in basketball
- Whitnall boys basketball will expand offense
- Whitnall basketball to expand offense in 2013-14
- Doherty, Cieszynski place at state diving