Greenfield's Butts earns Point player-of-week honor
Greenfield's Sarah Butts was among the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point's athletes of the week for April 20 to 26.
Butts, a sophomore member of the softball team, batted .435 over six games. In a doubleheader against UW-Platteville, she hit .875 with five singles and two doubles. She went 4-for-4 in the first game with doubles in the first and second innings and singles in the third and sixth. She led off the second game with a hit and proceeded to single in the fifth and seventh innings.
Through April 26, Butts had 30 hits and an on-base percentage of a .349.
Monson-Dupuis competing for WLC women's track team
Deva Monson-Dupuis of Greenfield, a sophomore at Wisconsin Lutheran College, is a member of the school's track team.
Deva, the daughter of Jeff and Robin Monson-Dupuis, runs middle distances for the Warriors, who compete at the NCAA Division III level.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New NOW Sports Index
- Fast start propels Whitnall boys basketball team past Kenosha Bradford in season opener
- Outlook uncertain at early stage of season for Greenfield boys basketball team
- Defense helps Whitnall girls basketball team post 3-0 start to season
- Returning starters look to help Whitnall boys basketball team make strides
- Sierra Grubor, Kendall Stribling lead Whitnall girls basketball team over Elkhorn in season debut
- Balanced attack boosts Greenfield girls basketball team past Racine Park in opener
- Greenfield Junior Hawks post sterling 19-3-1 record in football
- Greenfield girls basketball team will have a new look in 2015-16 season
- Greenfield native George Rajak honing hockey skills in US Premier League