West Allis Hale/West Allis Central
Hannah Lutz tallied three goals and Julia Schmitz a pair as the Huskies downed the Bulldogs, 9-0, in a Greater Metro Conference game May 6.
Hale took a 5-0 lead in the first half on Schmitz's two goals and one from Lutz, along with scores from Brianna Bailey and Jennifer Stawicki.
Lutz scored twice in the second half and Gabrielle Ulik and Virginia Wightman added goals.
The Huskies also lost a 3-0 decision to Brookfield Central on May 5 as goaltender Sara Hutcheson had 13 saves.
The Bulldogs fell, 10-0, to Wauwatosa East on May 5. "They were too quick and too good for us, as we played our worst game yet," coach Shondell Hernandez said.
They also lost, 5-2, to Cudahy on May 7.
The Hustlin' Hawks lost a pair of shutouts last week, falling to Brown Deer, 9-0, May 7 and Pewaukee, 7-0, May 5.
Slow starts hurt in both games, as the Falcons and Pirates held 5-0 leads by halftime.
Goaltender Sammie Lanaghan made 19 saves against Brown Deer and nine saves in the Pewaukee game.
"We were outmatched by both teams and had to play with no subs due to various injuries," coach Matt Ortloff said. "Despite that, the girls tried hard in both games down to the last second."
- John Rech, Staff Writer
Jocelyn Gillum had her fourth shutout, Jackie Schulist scored during the 45th minutes and Dana Steffen added a goal during the 70th as Whitnall defeated Brown Deer, 2-0, May 5.
On May 7, Steffen's goal during the 48th minute gave the Falcons a 1-1 two overtime tie with New Berlin Eisenhower. Steffen has six goals and seven assists.
- Jerry Karpowicz,
- Greenfield softball team downs South Milwaukee, captures outright Woodland Conference title
- Jasmine Bickerstaff's first place helps boost Whitnall girls track, field team to third in Woodland
- New Greenfield boys basketball coach Kyle Johnsen confident about future of program
- Greenfield boys golf team breaks into top half of Woodland Conference standings
- Biersack belts two home runs to boost Greenfield past Whitnall in softball showdown
- Greenfield boys golf team captures Woodland Conference East Division championship
- Greenfield High School hires Kyle Johnsen as head boys basketball coach
- Greenfield girls soccer team bounces back with big victory over South Milwaukee
- Greenfield softball team tunes up for Woodland showdown with six victories
- Whitnall softball team knocks off mighty Westosha Central