Greenfield opened the season by going 1-2 in the Martin Luther Quadrangular on April 4.
The Hustlin' Hawks beat Union Grove, 5-2, and lost to Milwaukee Lutheran, 4-3, and to Slinger, 4-3.
"All in all, it was a good start to the season," coach Brad Seegert said. "We forfeited third doubles due to the ACT, the school play and illness, so I was pretty pleased by our results."
The returning first doubles team of Cody Murri and Brad Jacobsen went 3-0 to lead Greenfield.
Senior Marco Momich played first singles and went 1-2 while foreign exchange student Felix Hendrich of Germany was at second singles and went 2-1.
Senior Casey Wilde was 1-2 at third singles and Ajeer Ahmed was 1-2 at fourth singles. Steve Wirtz and Austin Jacobsen finished 2-1 at second doubles.
"The lineup is still up in the air; hopefully, the weather will allow me to finalize my roster," Seegert said.
The Hawks will return to play at Whitnall on Thursday, April 23.
- John Rech, Staff Writer
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jayvin Redieske, Dillon Peters pitch Whitnall baseball team past Greenfield
- Greenfield baseball team falls to Whitnall, New Berlin West
- Bats blast away for Oak Creek baseball team
- Greenfield baseball team having a hard time finishing games
- Greenfield girls soccer team battles but falls short of Muskego in sectional
- Track and field: Blazei of glory: sophomore repeats as high-jump champ
- Greenfield softball team sees fabulous season end at hands of Oak Creek
- Whitnall sends Alexopolous, Bickerstaff to WIAA state track meet
- Whitnall's Stemper, Dundas reach WIAA state tennis tournament
- Greenfield's Nguyen, Kohl head to WIAA Division 1 state track meet