Greenfield opened the season by going 1-2 in the Martin Luther Quadrangular on April 4.
The Hustlin' Hawks beat Union Grove, 5-2, and lost to Milwaukee Lutheran, 4-3, and to Slinger, 4-3.
"All in all, it was a good start to the season," coach Brad Seegert said. "We forfeited third doubles due to the ACT, the school play and illness, so I was pretty pleased by our results."
The returning first doubles team of Cody Murri and Brad Jacobsen went 3-0 to lead Greenfield.
Senior Marco Momich played first singles and went 1-2 while foreign exchange student Felix Hendrich of Germany was at second singles and went 2-1.
Senior Casey Wilde was 1-2 at third singles and Ajeer Ahmed was 1-2 at fourth singles. Steve Wirtz and Austin Jacobsen finished 2-1 at second doubles.
"The lineup is still up in the air; hopefully, the weather will allow me to finalize my roster," Seegert said.
The Hawks will return to play at Whitnall on Thursday, April 23.
- John Rech, Staff Writer
- Greenfield baseball team's season ends at hands of New Berlin West in regional
- Whitnall baseball team posts 1-3 mark in string of close contests
- Strong pitching helps lift Greenfield baseball team to two victories in Woodland Tournament
- Greenfield's Matthias puts finishing touches on brilliant pitching career in softball
- Bauer, Cimler, Sutton teamed up to boost Whitnall softball team to new heights
- Clutch hitting helps Whitnall baseball team complete three-game Woodland sweep
- Struggles continue for Greenfield baseball team in 0-3 week
- Big innings taking Greenfield baseball team out of games this season
- Whitnall baseball team puts together good week until pair of losses to Pius XI
- Whitnall baseball team still searching for consistency