Greenfield opened the season by going 1-2 in the Martin Luther Quadrangular on April 4.
The Hustlin' Hawks beat Union Grove, 5-2, and lost to Milwaukee Lutheran, 4-3, and to Slinger, 4-3.
"All in all, it was a good start to the season," coach Brad Seegert said. "We forfeited third doubles due to the ACT, the school play and illness, so I was pretty pleased by our results."
The returning first doubles team of Cody Murri and Brad Jacobsen went 3-0 to lead Greenfield.
Senior Marco Momich played first singles and went 1-2 while foreign exchange student Felix Hendrich of Germany was at second singles and went 2-1.
Senior Casey Wilde was 1-2 at third singles and Ajeer Ahmed was 1-2 at fourth singles. Steve Wirtz and Austin Jacobsen finished 2-1 at second doubles.
"The lineup is still up in the air; hopefully, the weather will allow me to finalize my roster," Seegert said.
The Hawks will return to play at Whitnall on Thursday, April 23.
- John Rech, Staff Writer
- Big innings taking Greenfield baseball team out of games this season
- Whitnall baseball team puts together good week until pair of losses to Pius XI
- Whitnall baseball team still searching for consistency
- John Quinlan named new head football coach at Whitnall High School
- Inexperience hurting Greenfield baseball team
- Football: Shane Covington named new head football coach at Greenfield High School
- McGranahan leaves Whitnall football coaching job to take Kenosha Tremper position
- Whitnall's Bickerstaff moves on to state track and field meet in hurdles race
- Big rally in seventh inning gives Greenfield softball team victory over Greendale, regional title
- Greenfield softball team downs South Milwaukee, captures outright Woodland Conference title