Schaelyn McFadden of New Berlin and MacKenzie Howard of Hales Corners of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse were among eight University of Wisconsin-La Crosse gymnasts who earned All-America honors during the National Collegiate Gymnastics Association (NCGA) Individual Championships at Hamline University in St. Paul, Minn.
McFadden tied for fourth on the uneven parallel bars (9.600) Saturday to earn her first career All-America honor. Howard placed ninth on the uneven parallel bars (9.350) and ended her career with four All-America honors.
The top-six finishers (including ties) in each event Saturday earn NCGA First-Team All-America honors while the seventh- through 12th-place finishers earn NCGA second-team recognition.
UW-L captured its 13th NCGA championship with a team score of 186.875. The national title is the program's eighth in the last nine years and 10th in the last 13 seasons. The Eagles' 13 overall national crowns are the most in NCGA history.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- Football: Germantown overwhelms Greenfield in Koch's debut
- Whitnall football team looks to bounce back in 2014 with new coach
- Greenfield football team shooting for WIAA playoff spot under Joe Koch
- Joe Koch takes program-building talents to new challenge at Greenfield
- Whitnall Falcons struggled with consistency in 2014 baseball season
- Library Recommendations: August 7
- Greenfield baseball season ended by Woodland rival West in regional
- Baseball: Franklin finally finds its bats, collects big hits in rout of Whitnall
- Whitnall closes out regular baseball season with victory over Lions