Schaelyn McFadden of New Berlin and MacKenzie Howard of Hales Corners of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse were among eight University of Wisconsin-La Crosse gymnasts who earned All-America honors during the National Collegiate Gymnastics Association (NCGA) Individual Championships at Hamline University in St. Paul, Minn.
McFadden tied for fourth on the uneven parallel bars (9.600) Saturday to earn her first career All-America honor. Howard placed ninth on the uneven parallel bars (9.350) and ended her career with four All-America honors.
The top-six finishers (including ties) in each event Saturday earn NCGA First-Team All-America honors while the seventh- through 12th-place finishers earn NCGA second-team recognition.
UW-L captured its 13th NCGA championship with a team score of 186.875. The national title is the program's eighth in the last nine years and 10th in the last 13 seasons. The Eagles' 13 overall national crowns are the most in NCGA history.
- Lack of varsity experience hurt Greenfield baseball team this season (1)
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Slow finish to season drops Whitnall baseball team to just above .500
- Greenfield baseball team's season ends at hands of New Berlin West in regional
- Whitnall baseball team posts 1-3 mark in string of close contests
- Strong pitching helps lift Greenfield baseball team to two victories in Woodland Tournament
- Greenfield's Matthias puts finishing touches on brilliant pitching career in softball
- Bauer, Cimler, Sutton teamed up to boost Whitnall softball team to new heights
- Clutch hitting helps Whitnall baseball team complete three-game Woodland sweep
- Struggles continue for Greenfield baseball team in 0-3 week