Schaelyn McFadden of New Berlin and MacKenzie Howard of Hales Corners of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse were among eight University of Wisconsin-La Crosse gymnasts who earned All-America honors during the National Collegiate Gymnastics Association (NCGA) Individual Championships at Hamline University in St. Paul, Minn.
McFadden tied for fourth on the uneven parallel bars (9.600) Saturday to earn her first career All-America honor. Howard placed ninth on the uneven parallel bars (9.350) and ended her career with four All-America honors.
The top-six finishers (including ties) in each event Saturday earn NCGA First-Team All-America honors while the seventh- through 12th-place finishers earn NCGA second-team recognition.
UW-L captured its 13th NCGA championship with a team score of 186.875. The national title is the program's eighth in the last nine years and 10th in the last 13 seasons. The Eagles' 13 overall national crowns are the most in NCGA history.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield baseball season ended by Woodland rival West in regional
- Baseball: Franklin finally finds its bats, collects big hits in rout of Whitnall
- Whitnall closes out regular baseball season with victory over Lions
- Greenfield wins baseball division title, ends championship drought
- Whitnall baseball team drops two of three in Woodland Conference play
- Whitnall earns split with Brown Deer, then runs into strong pitching
- Greenfield baseball team falls to SWCHA in non-conference contest
- Greenfield's Bella Matthias put up incredible numbers in 2014 season
- Liz Thon helps Whitnall softball team become a real power in 2014
- Whitnall girls basketball team achieves high state academic honor