Schaelyn McFadden of New Berlin and MacKenzie Howard of Hales Corners of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse were among eight University of Wisconsin-La Crosse gymnasts who earned All-America honors during the National Collegiate Gymnastics Association (NCGA) Individual Championships at Hamline University in St. Paul, Minn.
McFadden tied for fourth on the uneven parallel bars (9.600) Saturday to earn her first career All-America honor. Howard placed ninth on the uneven parallel bars (9.350) and ended her career with four All-America honors.
The top-six finishers (including ties) in each event Saturday earn NCGA First-Team All-America honors while the seventh- through 12th-place finishers earn NCGA second-team recognition.
UW-L captured its 13th NCGA championship with a team score of 186.875. The national title is the program's eighth in the last nine years and 10th in the last 13 seasons. The Eagles' 13 overall national crowns are the most in NCGA history.
- Clutch hitting helps Whitnall baseball team complete three-game Woodland sweep
- Struggles continue for Greenfield baseball team in 0-3 week
- Big innings taking Greenfield baseball team out of games this season
- Whitnall baseball team puts together good week until pair of losses to Pius XI
- Whitnall baseball team still searching for consistency
- John Quinlan named new head football coach at Whitnall High School
- Inexperience hurting Greenfield baseball team
- Football: Shane Covington named new head football coach at Greenfield High School
- McGranahan leaves Whitnall football coaching job to take Kenosha Tremper position
- Whitnall's Bickerstaff moves on to state track and field meet in hurdles race