Schaelyn McFadden of New Berlin and MacKenzie Howard of Hales Corners of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse were among eight University of Wisconsin-La Crosse gymnasts who earned All-America honors during the National Collegiate Gymnastics Association (NCGA) Individual Championships at Hamline University in St. Paul, Minn.
McFadden tied for fourth on the uneven parallel bars (9.600) Saturday to earn her first career All-America honor. Howard placed ninth on the uneven parallel bars (9.350) and ended her career with four All-America honors.
The top-six finishers (including ties) in each event Saturday earn NCGA First-Team All-America honors while the seventh- through 12th-place finishers earn NCGA second-team recognition.
UW-L captured its 13th NCGA championship with a team score of 186.875. The national title is the program's eighth in the last nine years and 10th in the last 13 seasons. The Eagles' 13 overall national crowns are the most in NCGA history.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Returning starters look to help Whitnall boys basketball team make strides
- Sierra Grubor, Kendall Stribling lead Whitnall girls basketball team over Elkhorn in season debut
- Balanced attack boosts Greenfield girls basketball team past Racine Park in opener
- Greenfield Junior Hawks post sterling 19-3-1 record in football
- Greenfield girls basketball team will have a new look in 2015-16 season
- Greenfield native George Rajak honing hockey skills in US Premier League
- Doherty, Beckman earn fifth places for Whitnall at state swimming, diving meet
- Large group of returnees gives Whitnall girls basketball team hope for season
- Girls swimming: Greenfield's Claudia Kirkpatrick headed to state swimming
- Girls swimming: McElvain leads eight Whitnall entries to state swimming meet