Schaelyn McFadden of New Berlin and MacKenzie Howard of Hales Corners of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse were among eight University of Wisconsin-La Crosse gymnasts who earned All-America honors during the National Collegiate Gymnastics Association (NCGA) Individual Championships at Hamline University in St. Paul, Minn.
McFadden tied for fourth on the uneven parallel bars (9.600) Saturday to earn her first career All-America honor. Howard placed ninth on the uneven parallel bars (9.350) and ended her career with four All-America honors.
The top-six finishers (including ties) in each event Saturday earn NCGA First-Team All-America honors while the seventh- through 12th-place finishers earn NCGA second-team recognition.
UW-L captured its 13th NCGA championship with a team score of 186.875. The national title is the program's eighth in the last nine years and 10th in the last 13 seasons. The Eagles' 13 overall national crowns are the most in NCGA history.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jayvin Redieske, Dillon Peters pitch Whitnall baseball team past Greenfield
- Greenfield baseball team falls to Whitnall, New Berlin West
- Bats blast away for Oak Creek baseball team
- Greenfield baseball team having a hard time finishing games
- Greenfield girls soccer team battles but falls short of Muskego in sectional
- Track and field: Blazei of glory: sophomore repeats as high-jump champ
- Greenfield softball team sees fabulous season end at hands of Oak Creek
- Whitnall sends Alexopolous, Bickerstaff to WIAA state track meet
- Whitnall's Stemper, Dundas reach WIAA state tennis tournament
- Greenfield's Nguyen, Kohl head to WIAA Division 1 state track meet