Schaelyn McFadden of New Berlin and MacKenzie Howard of Hales Corners of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse were among eight University of Wisconsin-La Crosse gymnasts who earned All-America honors during the National Collegiate Gymnastics Association (NCGA) Individual Championships at Hamline University in St. Paul, Minn.
McFadden tied for fourth on the uneven parallel bars (9.600) Saturday to earn her first career All-America honor. Howard placed ninth on the uneven parallel bars (9.350) and ended her career with four All-America honors.
The top-six finishers (including ties) in each event Saturday earn NCGA First-Team All-America honors while the seventh- through 12th-place finishers earn NCGA second-team recognition.
UW-L captured its 13th NCGA championship with a team score of 186.875. The national title is the program's eighth in the last nine years and 10th in the last 13 seasons. The Eagles' 13 overall national crowns are the most in NCGA history.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Blount capitalizes for Waukesha West, Greenfield eliminated
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Level 1
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Greenfield falls to Greendale in Woodland girls volleyball title match
- Greenfield football team tips Tosa West, secures WIAA playoff spot
- Football: Greenfield secures playoff spot, edges Tosa West
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Joey Schauer keeps on scoring, assisting for Whitnall boys soccer team
- Missed scoring opportunities keep haunting Greenfield football team
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 8