Schaelyn McFadden of New Berlin and MacKenzie Howard of Hales Corners of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse were among eight University of Wisconsin-La Crosse gymnasts who earned All-America honors during the National Collegiate Gymnastics Association (NCGA) Individual Championships at Hamline University in St. Paul, Minn.
McFadden tied for fourth on the uneven parallel bars (9.600) Saturday to earn her first career All-America honor. Howard placed ninth on the uneven parallel bars (9.350) and ended her career with four All-America honors.
The top-six finishers (including ties) in each event Saturday earn NCGA First-Team All-America honors while the seventh- through 12th-place finishers earn NCGA second-team recognition.
UW-L captured its 13th NCGA championship with a team score of 186.875. The national title is the program's eighth in the last nine years and 10th in the last 13 seasons. The Eagles' 13 overall national crowns are the most in NCGA history.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: South Milwaukee maintains its trajectory
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Whitnall football team handed yet another tough defeat by Rockets
- Ezekial Banks' long run boosts Greenfield football team past Messwood
- Football: Banks delivers big run as Greenfield rallies
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 12
- Whitnall's Lauren Lent captures world championship in powerlifting
- Whitnall football team comes up just short once again in WC opener
- Trent Lower hired as new athletic director at Greenfield High School
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 5