Schaelyn McFadden of New Berlin and MacKenzie Howard of Hales Corners of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse were among eight University of Wisconsin-La Crosse gymnasts who earned All-America honors during the National Collegiate Gymnastics Association (NCGA) Individual Championships at Hamline University in St. Paul, Minn.
McFadden tied for fourth on the uneven parallel bars (9.600) Saturday to earn her first career All-America honor. Howard placed ninth on the uneven parallel bars (9.350) and ended her career with four All-America honors.
The top-six finishers (including ties) in each event Saturday earn NCGA First-Team All-America honors while the seventh- through 12th-place finishers earn NCGA second-team recognition.
UW-L captured its 13th NCGA championship with a team score of 186.875. The national title is the program's eighth in the last nine years and 10th in the last 13 seasons. The Eagles' 13 overall national crowns are the most in NCGA history.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Reed, Bickerstaff claim seconds for Whitnall at Woodland Conference Outdoor meet
- Greendale boys golf team brings home Woodland Conference crown
- Whitnall boys tennis team takes home pair of titles from Woodland tournament
- Greenfield's Nguyen, Kohl win events at Woodland Conference Outdoor meet
- Whitnall's Reed earns three top-four finishes at Woodland Conference Outdoor meet
- Germantown girls track team smashes records, set for NSC
- Greenfield's Larry Sayles' decision to become athletic trainer opened up his world
- Greenfield softball team clinches Woodland Conference East Division crown
- Whitnall softball team shows resiliency while battling injuries
- Nguyen leads Greenfield girls track and field team at Homestead Invitational