Greenfield wins two of three with Cudahy, falls to West in baseball
Hawks get sweep of Packers in WC
The schedule gave the Greenfield baseball team three meetings with Cudahy last week, and the Hustlin' Hawks won two of those.
Greenfield dropped the Packers 5-2 on June 17 and 1-0 on June 16.
Strong pitching helped the Hawks to both victories. In the June 17 game, Ben Fularczyk worked a complete game, allowing nine hits, striking out four and walking none.
He was helped by Richard Thomas, who had two hits and drove in a run, and KeAndre Miller, who also brought in a run. The Hawks made the most of six hits.
Dominick Meyer was even better on the mound in the earlier contest, giving up four hits while striking out seven. He also drove in the lone run of the game in the first inning.
The Hawks improved to 4-1 in the Woodland Conference East Division.
Greenfield took on Cudahy once again in the South Milwaukee Wood Bat Tournament on June 21 and lost a 7-4 decision.
Meyer went 3-for-4 with one run batted in for Greenfield.
That tournament continues on Saturday, June 28 at South Milwaukee and Sheridan Park in Cudahy.
Greenfield also fell 11-0 to Wauwatosa West on June 19 to slip to 5-4 in complete Woodland play and 8-7 overall.
The Hawks welcome Southeast Wisconsin Christian Homeschool Athletes at 5 p.m. on Thursday, June 26.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall baseball team nips New Berlin Eisenhower in regional thriller
- Whitnall baseball team upsets Muskego in regional title
- Baseball: Franklin pitching proves too strong for Whitnall in WIAA sectional semifinal contest
- Baseball: Fortman pitches Franklin past Greenfield in WIAA regional championship baseball game
- Struggles continue for Greenfield baseball team in regular season's final week
- Whitnall baseball team finishes 0-3 in Woodland Conference Tournament
- Whitnall's Thon compiles outstanding hitting record (1)
- Greenfield baseball team pulls out pair of one-run games in Woodland
- Whitnall baseball team finding more consistency, improving rapidly
- Greenfield softball star Matthias poses huge challenge to opposing hitters