Greenfield wins two of three with Cudahy, falls to West in baseball
Hawks get sweep of Packers in WC
The schedule gave the Greenfield baseball team three meetings with Cudahy last week, and the Hustlin' Hawks won two of those.
Greenfield dropped the Packers 5-2 on June 17 and 1-0 on June 16.
Strong pitching helped the Hawks to both victories. In the June 17 game, Ben Fularczyk worked a complete game, allowing nine hits, striking out four and walking none.
He was helped by Richard Thomas, who had two hits and drove in a run, and KeAndre Miller, who also brought in a run. The Hawks made the most of six hits.
Dominick Meyer was even better on the mound in the earlier contest, giving up four hits while striking out seven. He also drove in the lone run of the game in the first inning.
The Hawks improved to 4-1 in the Woodland Conference East Division.
Greenfield took on Cudahy once again in the South Milwaukee Wood Bat Tournament on June 21 and lost a 7-4 decision.
Meyer went 3-for-4 with one run batted in for Greenfield.
That tournament continues on Saturday, June 28 at South Milwaukee and Sheridan Park in Cudahy.
Greenfield also fell 11-0 to Wauwatosa West on June 19 to slip to 5-4 in complete Woodland play and 8-7 overall.
The Hawks welcome Southeast Wisconsin Christian Homeschool Athletes at 5 p.m. on Thursday, June 26.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall boys soccer team tops Greendale, holds onto Woodland lead
- Football: Tre'Vaughn Craig fills gap and Greenfield football holds on to down Whitnall
- Greenfield football team pulls away from Cudahy to post Woodland Conference victory
- Offense helps Whitnall boys soccer team bolt to 9-1-1 season record
- Whitnall football team downs Shorewood/Messmer, clinches WIAA playoff berth
- Whitnall girls volleyball team completes season sweep of Woodland East rivals
- Greenfield football team handed first loss of season by Brown Deer
- Whitnall football team continues strong run through Woodland East Division
- Whitnall's Lauren Lent captures second straight world powerlifting championship
- Whitnall football team continues surge by routing Brown Deer