Whitnall baseball team finds trouble after close loss to Greenfield
Falcons finish 0-3 in rugged week
After a close loss to open last week, the Whitnall baseball team encountered even more trouble in its other games.
The Falcons dropped a 4-3 decision to Greenfield on June 9, seeing a 3-0 advantage in the sixth inning evaporate.
The Hustlin' Hawks came up with three runs in the sixth and one in the seventh, and the winning run scored without benefit of a hit.
Tyler Regeth pitched a solid game, allowing five hits and walking one, but took the loss. Mitch Brault went 2-for-3 and drove in a run for the Falcons.
Whitnall then had a hard time bouncing back from that defeat in the rest of the week, losing 13-0 to Wauwatosa West on June 13 and 7-1 to West Bend West on June 14.
David Gaertner enjoyed a good game against West Bend, going 3-for-3, but his team only totaled five hits for the contest.
Whitnall, which came into this week at 4-4 in the Woodland Conference and 4-7 overall, visits sizzling Greendale at 7 p.m. Thursday, June 19.
The Falcons then welcome Brown Deer at 5 p.m. Monday, June 23, and visit Brown Deer at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 24. They then host Pewaukee at 5 p.m. Thursday, June 26.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Returning starters look to help Whitnall boys basketball team make strides
- Sierra Grubor, Kendall Stribling lead Whitnall girls basketball team over Elkhorn in season debut
- Balanced attack boosts Greenfield girls basketball team past Racine Park in opener
- Greenfield Junior Hawks post sterling 19-3-1 record in football
- Greenfield girls basketball team will have a new look in 2015-16 season
- Greenfield native George Rajak honing hockey skills in US Premier League
- Doherty, Beckman earn fifth places for Whitnall at state swimming, diving meet
- Large group of returnees gives Whitnall girls basketball team hope for season
- Girls swimming: Greenfield's Claudia Kirkpatrick headed to state swimming
- Girls swimming: McElvain leads eight Whitnall entries to state swimming meet