Whitnall baseball team finds trouble after close loss to Greenfield
Falcons finish 0-3 in rugged week
After a close loss to open last week, the Whitnall baseball team encountered even more trouble in its other games.
The Falcons dropped a 4-3 decision to Greenfield on June 9, seeing a 3-0 advantage in the sixth inning evaporate.
The Hustlin' Hawks came up with three runs in the sixth and one in the seventh, and the winning run scored without benefit of a hit.
Tyler Regeth pitched a solid game, allowing five hits and walking one, but took the loss. Mitch Brault went 2-for-3 and drove in a run for the Falcons.
Whitnall then had a hard time bouncing back from that defeat in the rest of the week, losing 13-0 to Wauwatosa West on June 13 and 7-1 to West Bend West on June 14.
David Gaertner enjoyed a good game against West Bend, going 3-for-3, but his team only totaled five hits for the contest.
Whitnall, which came into this week at 4-4 in the Woodland Conference and 4-7 overall, visits sizzling Greendale at 7 p.m. Thursday, June 19.
The Falcons then welcome Brown Deer at 5 p.m. Monday, June 23, and visit Brown Deer at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 24. They then host Pewaukee at 5 p.m. Thursday, June 26.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: South Milwaukee football dominant over Greenfield
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Whitnall football team handed yet another tough defeat by Rockets
- Ezekial Banks' long run boosts Greenfield football team past Messwood
- Football: Banks delivers big run as Greenfield rallies
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 12
- Whitnall's Lauren Lent captures world championship in powerlifting
- Whitnall football team comes up just short once again in WC opener
- Trent Lower hired as new athletic director at Greenfield High School
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 5