Greenfield's Tuyet Nguyen wins pair of events at Woodland Outdoor
Hawks standout also captures a second place
Tuyet Nguyen continued her fine season for Greenfield's girls track and field team.
The junior standout won two events at the Woodland Conference Outdoor Meet on May 20 at Whitnall High School and finished second in another.
She captured the long jump with 17 feet-41/2 inches and the triple jump at 36-31/2 to maintain her season-long success in those events.
Nguyen also came in second with 16.51 seconds in the 100-meter hurdles, trailing Jasmine Bickerstaff of Whitnall, who finished in 15.76.
Those three places gave her 28 points for half of Greenfield's total of 56 points, which was good enough for fifth place in the 13-team meet.
The leader for the Greenfield boys was senior Robert Hopeful, who won the triple jump with 43-0 and took second in the long jump at 21-43/4.
Hopeful's finishes sent his team on its way to 37 points, which put the Hawks ninth.
Madison Kohl placed second in the girls 300 hurdles (51.02) and third in the 400 dash (1 minute, 1.98 seconds).
Stephanie Van Wieringen also snared third place in the high jump (4-10).
For the boys, taking third were Casey Sabinash in the 1,600 run (4:28.88) and the 4x800-meter relay team of Dylan Kumbera, Stephen Lisiecki, Andy Sabinash and Casey Sabinash (8:25.75).
Keely Hanley came in fourth for the girls in the 3,200 run (12:00.76), while Casey Sabinash placed fifth in the boys 800 run (2:02.34).
The girls 4x100 relay unit of Julia Hyatt, Nguyen, Mariah Misko and Ashley Radtke came in sixth (52.26).
For the boys, Xavier Copeland took seventh in the 400 dash (52.66) and helped the 4x100 relay team, with Joey Badora, Hopeful and Eric Suminski, to eighth place (46.24).
The Greenfield teams took part in a WIAA Division 1 regional meet on May 27 at South Milwaukee, and qualifiers will compete in a sectional at Wisconsin Lutheran on Thursday, May 29.
- Improving Greenfield boys golf team claims fourth place in large Franklin Invitational
- Whitnall boys track and field team win own invite title
- Jack Miller resigns as Greenfield High School boys basketball coach (1)
- Whitnall girls claim team championship in own track invite
- Strong pitching helps keep Whitnall softball team unbeaten for young season
- Greenfield softball team posts five straight shutouts before loss to Westosha Central
- Whitnall's Bauer outduels Greenfield's Matthias in 1-0 softball victory
- Greenfield girls soccer team bounces back from two losses with shutout of West Allis Central
- Whitnall girls track team soars to fourth place in Woodland Conference Indoor Meet
- Herro, Taylor led Whitnall boys basketball team's march to state