Scott Otto resigns from Greenfield head football coaching position
He will continue as athletic, activities director
Scott Otto resigned last week as the head football coach at Greenfield High School.
Otto, who posted a 12-28 overall record and took the Hustlin' Hawks to the WIAA playoffs twice in four seasons, will continue as the associate principal and athletics and activities director at Greenfield.
"In the interest of doing the best job possible for the school district as the associate principal and athletics and activities director at Greenfield High School, I've decided to step down as the head football coach," Otto said in a statement issued last week.
Before coming to Greenfield, Otto was the head coach at West Allis Hale High School.
He feels he helped put the program back on track.
"In the four years that I have served as the coach, the Hawks' football program has grown and improved, and the program is well-prepared for future success," Otto continued in his statement. "I am proud of our accomplishments and I look forward to seeing the current players prosper on the field, in the classroom and in the community."
Otto declined to make any further comment.
The Greenfield School District will begin a search for his replacement immediately.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall girls basketball team begins to hit its stride, wins twice
- Whitnall co-op wrestlers top Tosa, take control of Woodland race
- Whitnall boys basketball team starts to put pieces together
- Greenfield girls basketball team extends its winning streak to six
- Greenfield girls basketball team claims West Allis Hale tourney crown
- Greenfield co-op swimmers capture top-six spots in large invites
- Teenage Greenfield race car driver sweeps three points championships
- Greenfield wrestlers finish 2-3 against tough competition at Mukwonago
- Whitnall girls basketball team awakens in time to down Elkhorn
- Cedarburg's Diener too much for Greenfield boys basketball team