Scott Otto resigns from Greenfield head football coaching position
He will continue as athletic, activities director
Scott Otto resigned last week as the head football coach at Greenfield High School.
Otto, who posted a 12-28 overall record and took the Hustlin' Hawks to the WIAA playoffs twice in four seasons, will continue as the associate principal and athletics and activities director at Greenfield.
"In the interest of doing the best job possible for the school district as the associate principal and athletics and activities director at Greenfield High School, I've decided to step down as the head football coach," Otto said in a statement issued last week.
Before coming to Greenfield, Otto was the head coach at West Allis Hale High School.
He feels he helped put the program back on track.
"In the four years that I have served as the coach, the Hawks' football program has grown and improved, and the program is well-prepared for future success," Otto continued in his statement. "I am proud of our accomplishments and I look forward to seeing the current players prosper on the field, in the classroom and in the community."
Otto declined to make any further comment.
The Greenfield School District will begin a search for his replacement immediately.
- Big innings taking Greenfield baseball team out of games this season
- Whitnall baseball team puts together good week until pair of losses to Pius XI
- Whitnall baseball team still searching for consistency
- John Quinlan named new head football coach at Whitnall High School
- Inexperience hurting Greenfield baseball team
- Football: Shane Covington named new head football coach at Greenfield High School
- McGranahan leaves Whitnall football coaching job to take Kenosha Tremper position
- Whitnall's Bickerstaff moves on to state track and field meet in hurdles race
- Big rally in seventh inning gives Greenfield softball team victory over Greendale, regional title
- Greenfield softball team downs South Milwaukee, captures outright Woodland Conference title