Scott Otto resigns from Greenfield head football coaching position
He will continue as athletic, activities director
Scott Otto resigned last week as the head football coach at Greenfield High School.
Otto, who posted a 12-28 overall record and took the Hustlin' Hawks to the WIAA playoffs twice in four seasons, will continue as the associate principal and athletics and activities director at Greenfield.
"In the interest of doing the best job possible for the school district as the associate principal and athletics and activities director at Greenfield High School, I've decided to step down as the head football coach," Otto said in a statement issued last week.
Before coming to Greenfield, Otto was the head coach at West Allis Hale High School.
He feels he helped put the program back on track.
"In the four years that I have served as the coach, the Hawks' football program has grown and improved, and the program is well-prepared for future success," Otto continued in his statement. "I am proud of our accomplishments and I look forward to seeing the current players prosper on the field, in the classroom and in the community."
Otto declined to make any further comment.
The Greenfield School District will begin a search for his replacement immediately.
- Greenfield baseball team's season ends at hands of New Berlin West in regional
- Whitnall baseball team posts 1-3 mark in string of close contests
- Strong pitching helps lift Greenfield baseball team to two victories in Woodland Tournament
- Greenfield's Matthias puts finishing touches on brilliant pitching career in softball
- Bauer, Cimler, Sutton teamed up to boost Whitnall softball team to new heights
- Clutch hitting helps Whitnall baseball team complete three-game Woodland sweep
- Struggles continue for Greenfield baseball team in 0-3 week
- Big innings taking Greenfield baseball team out of games this season
- Whitnall baseball team puts together good week until pair of losses to Pius XI
- Whitnall baseball team still searching for consistency