Scott Otto resigns from Greenfield head football coaching position
He will continue as athletic, activities director
Scott Otto resigned last week as the head football coach at Greenfield High School.
Otto, who posted a 12-28 overall record and took the Hustlin' Hawks to the WIAA playoffs twice in four seasons, will continue as the associate principal and athletics and activities director at Greenfield.
"In the interest of doing the best job possible for the school district as the associate principal and athletics and activities director at Greenfield High School, I've decided to step down as the head football coach," Otto said in a statement issued last week.
Before coming to Greenfield, Otto was the head coach at West Allis Hale High School.
He feels he helped put the program back on track.
"In the four years that I have served as the coach, the Hawks' football program has grown and improved, and the program is well-prepared for future success," Otto continued in his statement. "I am proud of our accomplishments and I look forward to seeing the current players prosper on the field, in the classroom and in the community."
Otto declined to make any further comment.
The Greenfield School District will begin a search for his replacement immediately.
- New Greenfield boys basketball coach Kyle Johnsen confident about future of program
- Greenfield boys golf team breaks into top half of Woodland Conference standings
- Biersack belts two home runs to boost Greenfield past Whitnall in softball showdown
- Greenfield boys golf team captures Woodland Conference East Division championship
- Greenfield High School hires Kyle Johnsen as head boys basketball coach
- Greenfield girls soccer team bounces back with big victory over South Milwaukee
- Greenfield softball team tunes up for Woodland showdown with six victories
- Whitnall softball team knocks off mighty Westosha Central
- Whitnall boys tennis team captures South Milwaukee Invitational championship
- Greenfield boys relay team prevails in Pewaukee Invite