Scott Otto resigns from Greenfield head football coaching position
He will continue as athletic, activities director
Scott Otto resigned last week as the head football coach at Greenfield High School.
Otto, who posted a 12-28 overall record and took the Hustlin' Hawks to the WIAA playoffs twice in four seasons, will continue as the associate principal and athletics and activities director at Greenfield.
"In the interest of doing the best job possible for the school district as the associate principal and athletics and activities director at Greenfield High School, I've decided to step down as the head football coach," Otto said in a statement issued last week.
Before coming to Greenfield, Otto was the head coach at West Allis Hale High School.
He feels he helped put the program back on track.
"In the four years that I have served as the coach, the Hawks' football program has grown and improved, and the program is well-prepared for future success," Otto continued in his statement. "I am proud of our accomplishments and I look forward to seeing the current players prosper on the field, in the classroom and in the community."
Otto declined to make any further comment.
The Greenfield School District will begin a search for his replacement immediately.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield baseball season ended by Woodland rival West in regional
- Baseball: Franklin finally finds its bats, collects big hits in rout of Whitnall
- Whitnall closes out regular baseball season with victory over Lions
- Greenfield wins baseball division title, ends championship drought
- Whitnall baseball team drops two of three in Woodland Conference play
- Whitnall earns split with Brown Deer, then runs into strong pitching
- Greenfield baseball team falls to SWCHA in non-conference contest
- Greenfield's Bella Matthias put up incredible numbers in 2014 season
- Liz Thon helps Whitnall softball team become a real power in 2014
- Whitnall girls basketball team achieves high state academic honor