Whitnall High School has hired former Cumberland High School football coach Jared McGranahan to lead the Falcons football program.
McGranahan's team went 5-5 last year and qualified for the WIAA Division 5 playoffs. Cumberland is located in the northwest part of the state, roughly 85 miles northeast of Minneapolis. It was his only season at Cumberland.
“Thanks to our great student-athletes and our first-class football facilities, we had a lot of interest in our head football coaching position, and we are confident we found a great coach in Coach McGranahan,” Whitnall athletics and activities director Scott Bruening said in a school release.
McGranahan replaces Jeff Wallack, who resigned in February after two seasons. Wallack's teams went 7-11 overall and reached the WIAA playoffs once.
McGranahan has also served as running backs and safeties coach at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville for four years and was an assistant football coach at Cuba City in 2009, an assistant boys basketball coach at Darlington for one season and a youth football coach in Darlington from 2006-08. McGranahan himself graduated from Darlington in 2003.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jayvin Redieske, Dillon Peters pitch Whitnall baseball team past Greenfield
- Greenfield baseball team falls to Whitnall, New Berlin West
- Bats blast away for Oak Creek baseball team
- Greenfield baseball team having a hard time finishing games
- Greenfield girls soccer team battles but falls short of Muskego in sectional
- Track and field: Blazei of glory: sophomore repeats as high-jump champ
- Greenfield softball team sees fabulous season end at hands of Oak Creek
- Whitnall sends Alexopolous, Bickerstaff to WIAA state track meet
- Whitnall's Stemper, Dundas reach WIAA state tennis tournament
- Greenfield's Nguyen, Kohl head to WIAA Division 1 state track meet