The Whitnall seventh-grade boys basketball team captured its third straight championship in the Wisconsin State Invitational Tournament in March.
The Falcons went unbeaten in the two-day event at La Crosse, topping rival Pewaukee in the championship game.
The third crown was a bit of history for the team, as only one other squad has won three straight titles in the annual tournament.
Team members are Tyler Herro, Sean Damro, Will Kegel, Daniel Wolff, Andrew Mallmann, Lucas Merritt, Joey Tilley, Daniel Alexopoulos, Peter Mueller and Nick Sullivan. The coaches are Chris Herro and Zach Mallmann.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown girls track team smashes records, set for NSC
- Greenfield's Larry Sayles' decision to become athletic trainer opened up his world
- Greenfield softball team clinches Woodland Conference East Division crown
- Whitnall softball team shows resiliency while battling injuries
- Nguyen leads Greenfield girls track and field team at Homestead Invitational
- Everything is coming together for unbeaten Greenfield softball team
- Veteran Greenfield boys tennis team downs South Milwaukee
- Greenfield girls soccer team blanks two opponents after tough loss to Greendale
- Brookfield Bulldogs return plenty of talent
- Sport Shorts: April 30, 2015