The Whitnall seventh-grade boys basketball team captured its third straight championship in the Wisconsin State Invitational Tournament in March.
The Falcons went unbeaten in the two-day event at La Crosse, topping rival Pewaukee in the championship game.
The third crown was a bit of history for the team, as only one other squad has won three straight titles in the annual tournament.
Team members are Tyler Herro, Sean Damro, Will Kegel, Daniel Wolff, Andrew Mallmann, Lucas Merritt, Joey Tilley, Daniel Alexopoulos, Peter Mueller and Nick Sullivan. The coaches are Chris Herro and Zach Mallmann.
- Big innings taking Greenfield baseball team out of games this season
- Whitnall baseball team puts together good week until pair of losses to Pius XI
- Whitnall baseball team still searching for consistency
- John Quinlan named new head football coach at Whitnall High School
- Inexperience hurting Greenfield baseball team
- Football: Shane Covington named new head football coach at Greenfield High School
- McGranahan leaves Whitnall football coaching job to take Kenosha Tremper position
- Whitnall's Bickerstaff moves on to state track and field meet in hurdles race
- Big rally in seventh inning gives Greenfield softball team victory over Greendale, regional title
- Greenfield softball team downs South Milwaukee, captures outright Woodland Conference title