The Whitnall seventh-grade boys basketball team captured its third straight championship in the Wisconsin State Invitational Tournament in March.
The Falcons went unbeaten in the two-day event at La Crosse, topping rival Pewaukee in the championship game.
The third crown was a bit of history for the team, as only one other squad has won three straight titles in the annual tournament.
Team members are Tyler Herro, Sean Damro, Will Kegel, Daniel Wolff, Andrew Mallmann, Lucas Merritt, Joey Tilley, Daniel Alexopoulos, Peter Mueller and Nick Sullivan. The coaches are Chris Herro and Zach Mallmann.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Returning starters look to help Whitnall boys basketball team make strides
- Sierra Grubor, Kendall Stribling lead Whitnall girls basketball team over Elkhorn in season debut
- Balanced attack boosts Greenfield girls basketball team past Racine Park in opener
- Greenfield Junior Hawks post sterling 19-3-1 record in football
- Greenfield girls basketball team will have a new look in 2015-16 season
- Greenfield native George Rajak honing hockey skills in US Premier League
- Doherty, Beckman earn fifth places for Whitnall at state swimming, diving meet
- Large group of returnees gives Whitnall girls basketball team hope for season
- Girls swimming: Greenfield's Claudia Kirkpatrick headed to state swimming
- Girls swimming: McElvain leads eight Whitnall entries to state swimming meet