Greenfield track and field teams perform well at Racine Invite
Boys take eighth, girls 12th
The Greenfield track and field teams competed well in last Saturday's Racine Invitational, as the boys took eighth of 18 schools while the girls were 12th of 18.
The Hustlin' Hawks boys scored 30.25 points for its spot while Franklin took first with 64 and Muskego second with 56.
Greenfield was led by junior Casey Sabinash, who was second in the 800 meters with a time of 2 minutes, 4.02 seconds, while junior Robert Hopeful was fourth in the triple jump with a leap of 39 feet-9 inches.
Other places by event for the Hustlin' Hawks included the following - 400-meter dash: Xavier Copeland, fifth (54.3 seconds); 3,200: Andy Sabinash, fourth (10:36.14); 800 relay: Kyle Schahczinski, Nicholas Walloch, Mike Kaifesh and Eric Suminski, eighth (1:39.92); 3,200 relay: Andy Sabinash, Dylan Kumbera, Quinton Kufahl and Casey Sabinash, fifth (8:57.52); 1,600 relay: Kyle Schahczinski, Casey Sabinash, Stephen Lisiecki and Copeland, sixth (3:41.96); High jump: Keith Hetzel, eighth (tie 5-4).
Greenfield's girls scored 16.5 points for its spot as Kenosha Tremper won with 72.
Tuyet Nguyen was second in the triple jump with a leap of 34.5.
Other places for the Hustlin' Hawks included the following - 55 hurdles: Nguyen, fifth (9.76); High jump: Stephanie van Wieringen, fifth (tie, 4-10); 3,200 relay: Sierra Kumbera, Ashlee Schilling, Keely Hanley and Tia Ruhland, eighth (11:38.85).
-Steven L. Tietz
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall/Greendale wrestlers pull themselves off mat, top New Berlin in Woodland Conference dual
- Greenfield/Greendale/Pius XI boys swimmers surge to Kenosha Bradford Invitational crown
- Shooting determines fate of Whitnall girls basketball team in pair of games
- Whitnall boys shake off slow start, go on to hammer South Milwaukee in Woodland Conference
- Whitnall boys basketball team sweeps three foes, wins twice in Woodland Conference
- Victory over rival, Plymouth Invitational crown highlight big week for Greenfield wrestlers
- Greenfield/Greendale/Pius XI boys swimmers snare sixth in strong Marquette Invitational
- Whitnall/Greendale wrestlers come away with third place at Manawa Invitational
- Greenfield/Greendale/Pius XI boys swimming team wins six events at Homestead Metro Invitational
- Will to win helps Whitnall boys basketball team prevail over Westosha Central