Greenfield track and field teams perform well at Racine Invite
Boys take eighth, girls 12th
The Greenfield track and field teams competed well in last Saturday's Racine Invitational, as the boys took eighth of 18 schools while the girls were 12th of 18.
The Hustlin' Hawks boys scored 30.25 points for its spot while Franklin took first with 64 and Muskego second with 56.
Greenfield was led by junior Casey Sabinash, who was second in the 800 meters with a time of 2 minutes, 4.02 seconds, while junior Robert Hopeful was fourth in the triple jump with a leap of 39 feet-9 inches.
Other places by event for the Hustlin' Hawks included the following - 400-meter dash: Xavier Copeland, fifth (54.3 seconds); 3,200: Andy Sabinash, fourth (10:36.14); 800 relay: Kyle Schahczinski, Nicholas Walloch, Mike Kaifesh and Eric Suminski, eighth (1:39.92); 3,200 relay: Andy Sabinash, Dylan Kumbera, Quinton Kufahl and Casey Sabinash, fifth (8:57.52); 1,600 relay: Kyle Schahczinski, Casey Sabinash, Stephen Lisiecki and Copeland, sixth (3:41.96); High jump: Keith Hetzel, eighth (tie 5-4).
Greenfield's girls scored 16.5 points for its spot as Kenosha Tremper won with 72.
Tuyet Nguyen was second in the triple jump with a leap of 34.5.
Other places for the Hustlin' Hawks included the following - 55 hurdles: Nguyen, fifth (9.76); High jump: Stephanie van Wieringen, fifth (tie, 4-10); 3,200 relay: Sierra Kumbera, Ashlee Schilling, Keely Hanley and Tia Ruhland, eighth (11:38.85).
-Steven L. Tietz
- Greenfield boys relay team prevails in Pewaukee Invite
- Whitnall softball team wins in different ways, remains unbeaten at 13-0
- Improving Greenfield boys golf team claims fourth place in large Franklin Invitational
- Whitnall boys track and field team win own invite title
- Jack Miller resigns as Greenfield High School boys basketball coach (1)
- Whitnall girls claim team championship in own track invite
- Strong pitching helps keep Whitnall softball team unbeaten for young season
- Greenfield softball team posts five straight shutouts before loss to Westosha Central
- Whitnall's Bauer outduels Greenfield's Matthias in 1-0 softball victory
- Greenfield girls soccer team bounces back from two losses with shutout of West Allis Central