Greenfield - Whitnall diver Rachel Stave tuned up for her defense of her WIAA state championship by easily winning the crown in the Woodland Conference Meet on Oct. 25.
Stave racked up 470.9 points to break her own Wauwatosa West pool record of 468.85 set in the 2011 Woodland meet. The second-place finisher, Alex Albrecht of Pius XI, tallied 330.65 points.
Stave's teammate, Brianna Tabat, claimed third place with 283.7 points.
The 200 medley relay team of Jill Kolasinski, Sarah Arteaga, Lauren Zurowski and Leah Windt placed third in 1 minute, 59.38 seconds in the swimming portion of the meet on Saturday at Greenfield High School.
Earning fourth places were Arteaga in the 200 individual medley (2:19.96) and the 100 breaststroke (1:13) and the 200 freestyle unit of Zurowski, Arteaga, Kolasinski and Windt (1:45.7).
Taking fifth were Zurowski in the 50 freestyle (26.19 seconds) and Windt in the 100 freestyle (57.86). Maddie Vokovitch was sixth in the 200 IM (2:21.44).
Coming in seventh were Rachel Boushon, Vokovitch, Leah Jenk and Mary Sullivan in the 200 medley relay (2:04.52) and Sullivan, Jenk, Vokovitch and Rebecca Wigington in the 200 freestyle relay (1:53.32).
Earning eighth were Windt in the 200 freestyle (2:06.9) and Vokovitch in the 100 breaststroke (1:17.81).
The Falcons tallied 276 points for fourth place in the meet, trailing Shorewood's 416 points, Wauwatosa West's 358 and New Berlin Eisenhower's 340.
Whitnall will next compete in a WIAA Division 2 sectional at Cudahy on Nov. 3.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Germantown overwhelms Greenfield in Koch's debut
- Whitnall football team looks to bounce back in 2014 with new coach
- Greenfield football team shooting for WIAA playoff spot under Joe Koch
- Joe Koch takes program-building talents to new challenge at Greenfield
- Whitnall Falcons struggled with consistency in 2014 baseball season
- Library Recommendations: August 7
- Greenfield baseball season ended by Woodland rival West in regional
- Baseball: Franklin finally finds its bats, collects big hits in rout of Whitnall
- Whitnall closes out regular baseball season with victory over Lions
- Greenfield wins baseball division title, ends championship drought