Greenfield - Whitnall diver Rachel Stave tuned up for her defense of her WIAA state championship by easily winning the crown in the Woodland Conference Meet on Oct. 25.
Stave racked up 470.9 points to break her own Wauwatosa West pool record of 468.85 set in the 2011 Woodland meet. The second-place finisher, Alex Albrecht of Pius XI, tallied 330.65 points.
Stave's teammate, Brianna Tabat, claimed third place with 283.7 points.
The 200 medley relay team of Jill Kolasinski, Sarah Arteaga, Lauren Zurowski and Leah Windt placed third in 1 minute, 59.38 seconds in the swimming portion of the meet on Saturday at Greenfield High School.
Earning fourth places were Arteaga in the 200 individual medley (2:19.96) and the 100 breaststroke (1:13) and the 200 freestyle unit of Zurowski, Arteaga, Kolasinski and Windt (1:45.7).
Taking fifth were Zurowski in the 50 freestyle (26.19 seconds) and Windt in the 100 freestyle (57.86). Maddie Vokovitch was sixth in the 200 IM (2:21.44).
Coming in seventh were Rachel Boushon, Vokovitch, Leah Jenk and Mary Sullivan in the 200 medley relay (2:04.52) and Sullivan, Jenk, Vokovitch and Rebecca Wigington in the 200 freestyle relay (1:53.32).
Earning eighth were Windt in the 200 freestyle (2:06.9) and Vokovitch in the 100 breaststroke (1:17.81).
The Falcons tallied 276 points for fourth place in the meet, trailing Shorewood's 416 points, Wauwatosa West's 358 and New Berlin Eisenhower's 340.
Whitnall will next compete in a WIAA Division 2 sectional at Cudahy on Nov. 3.
- John Rech
- Greenfield baseball team's season ends at hands of New Berlin West in regional
- Whitnall baseball team posts 1-3 mark in string of close contests
- Strong pitching helps lift Greenfield baseball team to two victories in Woodland Tournament
- Greenfield's Matthias puts finishing touches on brilliant pitching career in softball
- Bauer, Cimler, Sutton teamed up to boost Whitnall softball team to new heights
- Clutch hitting helps Whitnall baseball team complete three-game Woodland sweep
- Struggles continue for Greenfield baseball team in 0-3 week
- Big innings taking Greenfield baseball team out of games this season
- Whitnall baseball team puts together good week until pair of losses to Pius XI
- Whitnall baseball team still searching for consistency