The new athletic stadium at Whitnall High School will have its grand opening on Friday night.
The event will begin with a tailgate party at 4 p.m. and dedication ceremonies will start at 6:30 p.m.
The Whitnall football team (1-1) will meet rival Greenfield (0-2) at 7 p.m. and fireworks will follow the game.
On Saturday, Whitnall youth football teams will use the new field for their league games, and an all-day block party will also be held on the high school grounds.
The new field features seating for more than 2,500, a scoreboard with video capabilities and field turf.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: South Milwaukee football dominant over Greenfield
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Whitnall football team handed yet another tough defeat by Rockets
- Ezekial Banks' long run boosts Greenfield football team past Messwood
- Football: Banks delivers big run as Greenfield rallies
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 12
- Whitnall's Lauren Lent captures world championship in powerlifting
- Whitnall football team comes up just short once again in WC opener
- Trent Lower hired as new athletic director at Greenfield High School
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 5