The new athletic stadium at Whitnall High School will have its grand opening on Friday night.
The event will begin with a tailgate party at 4 p.m. and dedication ceremonies will start at 6:30 p.m.
The Whitnall football team (1-1) will meet rival Greenfield (0-2) at 7 p.m. and fireworks will follow the game.
On Saturday, Whitnall youth football teams will use the new field for their league games, and an all-day block party will also be held on the high school grounds.
The new field features seating for more than 2,500, a scoreboard with video capabilities and field turf.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall girls basketball team begins to hit its stride, wins twice
- Whitnall co-op wrestlers top Tosa, take control of Woodland race
- Whitnall boys basketball team starts to put pieces together
- Greenfield girls basketball team extends its winning streak to six
- Greenfield girls basketball team claims West Allis Hale tourney crown
- Greenfield co-op swimmers capture top-six spots in large invites
- Teenage Greenfield race car driver sweeps three points championships
- Greenfield wrestlers finish 2-3 against tough competition at Mukwonago
- Whitnall girls basketball team awakens in time to down Elkhorn
- Cedarburg's Diener too much for Greenfield boys basketball team