The new athletic stadium at Whitnall High School will have its grand opening on Friday night.
The event will begin with a tailgate party at 4 p.m. and dedication ceremonies will start at 6:30 p.m.
The Whitnall football team (1-1) will meet rival Greenfield (0-2) at 7 p.m. and fireworks will follow the game.
On Saturday, Whitnall youth football teams will use the new field for their league games, and an all-day block party will also be held on the high school grounds.
The new field features seating for more than 2,500, a scoreboard with video capabilities and field turf.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield/Pius XI girls swimmers seize second at Racine Park Relays
- Whitnall football team falls to Waukesha North
- Banks' late touchdown propels Greenfield football team past Pius XI
- Greenfield football team tunes up with romp over Milwaukee Career Tech
- Greenfield girls swimming team opens season with fourth place in Funfest meet
- Greenfield football team faces shortage of experience, depth
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Greenfield Hustlin' Hawks
- Whitnall football team hopes to reverse its luck
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Whitnall Falcons
- Whitnall baseball team improves during up-and-down season