The new athletic stadium at Whitnall High School will have its grand opening on Friday night.
The event will begin with a tailgate party at 4 p.m. and dedication ceremonies will start at 6:30 p.m.
The Whitnall football team (1-1) will meet rival Greenfield (0-2) at 7 p.m. and fireworks will follow the game.
On Saturday, Whitnall youth football teams will use the new field for their league games, and an all-day block party will also be held on the high school grounds.
The new field features seating for more than 2,500, a scoreboard with video capabilities and field turf.
- Improving Greenfield boys golf team claims fourth place in large Franklin Invitational
- Whitnall boys track and field team win own invite title
- Jack Miller resigns as Greenfield High School boys basketball coach (1)
- Whitnall girls claim team championship in own track invite
- Strong pitching helps keep Whitnall softball team unbeaten for young season
- Greenfield softball team posts five straight shutouts before loss to Westosha Central
- Whitnall's Bauer outduels Greenfield's Matthias in 1-0 softball victory
- Greenfield girls soccer team bounces back from two losses with shutout of West Allis Central
- Whitnall girls track team soars to fourth place in Woodland Conference Indoor Meet
- Herro, Taylor led Whitnall boys basketball team's march to state