The new athletic stadium at Whitnall High School will have its grand opening on Friday night.
The event will begin with a tailgate party at 4 p.m. and dedication ceremonies will start at 6:30 p.m.
The Whitnall football team (1-1) will meet rival Greenfield (0-2) at 7 p.m. and fireworks will follow the game.
On Saturday, Whitnall youth football teams will use the new field for their league games, and an all-day block party will also be held on the high school grounds.
The new field features seating for more than 2,500, a scoreboard with video capabilities and field turf.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jayvin Redieske, Dillon Peters pitch Whitnall baseball team past Greenfield
- Greenfield baseball team falls to Whitnall, New Berlin West
- Bats blast away for Oak Creek baseball team
- Greenfield baseball team having a hard time finishing games
- Greenfield girls soccer team battles but falls short of Muskego in sectional
- Track and field: Blazei of glory: sophomore repeats as high-jump champ
- Greenfield softball team sees fabulous season end at hands of Oak Creek
- Whitnall sends Alexopolous, Bickerstaff to WIAA state track meet
- Whitnall's Stemper, Dundas reach WIAA state tennis tournament
- Greenfield's Nguyen, Kohl head to WIAA Division 1 state track meet