Greenfield - Tuyet Nguyen and Casey Sabinash both put together strong overall meets to help the Greenfield boys and girls track and field teams claim fourth place in the Altheimer Invitational at Pewaukee on Friday night.
Nguyen won the triple jump with 33 feet, 1 inch and ran on the first-place 400 relay team with Ella Skillings, Camera Gregory and Michelle Garner at 52.84 seconds.
She also placed third in the 100 hurdles at 18.2 and the long jump with 15-9½, as she tallied in all four of her events.
For the boys, Sabinash captured the 1,600-meter run with 4 minutes, 40.19 seconds and came in second in the 800 run at 2:06.35.
Both were cited by head coach Adam Tiedt for outstanding performances in the meet.
Garner gave the Hustlin' Hawks their other first place by winning the 300 hurdles in 46.53.
Also taking second were the boys 3,200 relay with Murad Muhammad, Andy Sabinash, Quinton Kufahl and Ethan Schaefer with 8:54.39 and the 400 group of Marcus Meyers, Mike Kaifesh, Bathong Pham and Xavier Copeland at 47.42.
Snaring third were Skillings in the 200 dash (28.79), Stephanie Van Wieringen in the high jump (4-8), Corie Stingl in the shot put (31-5), Andy Sabinash in the 3,200 run (10:42.82) and Andrew Brendemihl in the triple jump (36-2).
Claiming fourth were Kyle Schahczinski in the 110 hurdles (17.48), Manny Rodriguez in the triple jump (35-9) and Nick Walloch in the high jump (5-2).
Finishing fifth were Gregory in the 200 dash (29.03), Skillings in the long jump (15-7½), Schahczinski in the 300 hurdles (44.91), Copeland in the 200 dash (24.33), Pham in the long jump (18-5) and the 1,600 squad of Walloch, Stephen Lisiecki, Schahczinski and Nick Wotnoske (3:58.98).
The girls 1,600 unit of Jill Dworschack, Ashlee Schilling, Gregory and Audry Schmidt came in sixth (4:36.55).
The Greenfield boys tallied 85½ points for fourth place, while the girls scored 80 points to tie Greendale for fourth place.
"The boys had their best performance of the year," Tiedt said. "The team is rounding into good form and should make a strong push as the conference meet sneaks up.
"The girls continue to improve. Many individuals stepped up and had season-best performances to help gain points. The girls team looks poised to have a strong showing in May."
The Hawks competed in the Woodland Conference Relays earlier this week and will participate in the Hartland Arrowhead Invitational at 3:30 p.m. May 4.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Reed, Bickerstaff claim seconds for Whitnall at Woodland Conference Outdoor meet
- Greendale boys golf team brings home Woodland Conference crown
- Whitnall boys tennis team takes home pair of titles from Woodland tournament
- Greenfield's Nguyen, Kohl win events at Woodland Conference Outdoor meet
- Whitnall's Reed earns three top-four finishes at Woodland Conference Outdoor meet
- Germantown girls track team smashes records, set for NSC
- Greenfield's Larry Sayles' decision to become athletic trainer opened up his world
- Greenfield softball team clinches Woodland Conference East Division crown
- Whitnall softball team shows resiliency while battling injuries
- Nguyen leads Greenfield girls track and field team at Homestead Invitational