Greenfield - The head football coach will change at Whitnall High School this fall, but the aerial show will likely not be grounded.
Rob Leboeuf will not be coaching at Whitnall in the 2012 season, but his successor, Jeff Wallack, directed a high-flying program at Milwaukee Hamilton in recent years.
Wallack led the Wildcats to an overall record of 32-27 in six seasons, with four straight WIAA playoff appearances. His best year was 2010, when Hamilton went 8-2 to set a school record for victories. The Wildcats were also 7-1 in the City Conference that season.
Under his guidance, Bobby Cieplewski became the school's all-time leader in passing yardage.
Leboeuf also developed a strong air game, especially the last two seasons behind quarterbacks Joel Stave and Luke Mentkowski.
He declined to comment further but said he wished continued success to the Whitnall football program in the future.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall boys basketball team notches fifth victory in six games
- Whitnall girls basketball team begins to hit its stride, wins twice
- Whitnall co-op wrestlers top Tosa, take control of Woodland race
- Whitnall boys basketball team starts to put pieces together
- Greenfield girls basketball team extends its winning streak to six
- Greenfield girls basketball team claims West Allis Hale tourney crown
- Greenfield co-op swimmers capture top-six spots in large invites
- Teenage Greenfield race car driver sweeps three points championships
- Greenfield wrestlers finish 2-3 against tough competition at Mukwonago
- Whitnall girls basketball team awakens in time to down Elkhorn