Greenfield - The head football coach will change at Whitnall High School this fall, but the aerial show will likely not be grounded.
Rob Leboeuf will not be coaching at Whitnall in the 2012 season, but his successor, Jeff Wallack, directed a high-flying program at Milwaukee Hamilton in recent years.
Wallack led the Wildcats to an overall record of 32-27 in six seasons, with four straight WIAA playoff appearances. His best year was 2010, when Hamilton went 8-2 to set a school record for victories. The Wildcats were also 7-1 in the City Conference that season.
Under his guidance, Bobby Cieplewski became the school's all-time leader in passing yardage.
Leboeuf also developed a strong air game, especially the last two seasons behind quarterbacks Joel Stave and Luke Mentkowski.
He declined to comment further but said he wished continued success to the Whitnall football program in the future.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local woman reaches the heights in state skeetshooting tournament
- Whitnall breaks through for first football victory of 2014 season
- Greenfield falls just short of upsetting Brown Deer in football game
- Whitnall girls volleyball team hands Greendale first Woodland defeat
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 26
- Football: South Milwaukee football dominant over Greenfield
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Whitnall football team handed yet another tough defeat by Rockets
- Ezekial Banks' long run boosts Greenfield football team past Messwood
- Football: Banks delivers big run as Greenfield rallies