Greenfield - Five Greenfield High School football players, plus standouts in boys soccer and girls track and field, signed national letters of intent with colleges this week.
The football list is led by offensive lineman Josh Ruka, who was given a full scholarship with Division I Northern Illinois. Ruka was regarded as one of the state's top linemen last fall.
The others are kicker Alex Bosl, the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh; defensive lineman Kyle Sobocinski, Carroll University; offensive lineman Jared Lang, UW-Platteville; and running back Bathong Pham, Concordia University of Wisconsin.
Offensive lineman Wahid Othman and linebacker/defensive back Yazan Rizeq are both undecided about their colleges.
Also signing were Michelle Garner, the WIAA Division 1 state champion in the 300-meter hurdles, with Winona State University; and soccer goaltender Eric Frank with the University of Dubuque.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall boys soccer team tops Greendale, holds onto Woodland lead
- Football: Tre'Vaughn Craig fills gap and Greenfield football holds on to down Whitnall
- Greenfield football team pulls away from Cudahy to post Woodland Conference victory
- Offense helps Whitnall boys soccer team bolt to 9-1-1 season record
- Whitnall football team downs Shorewood/Messmer, clinches WIAA playoff berth
- Whitnall girls volleyball team completes season sweep of Woodland East rivals
- Greenfield football team handed first loss of season by Brown Deer
- Whitnall football team continues strong run through Woodland East Division
- Whitnall's Lauren Lent captures second straight world powerlifting championship
- Whitnall football team continues surge by routing Brown Deer