Greenfield - Five Greenfield High School football players, plus standouts in boys soccer and girls track and field, signed national letters of intent with colleges this week.
The football list is led by offensive lineman Josh Ruka, who was given a full scholarship with Division I Northern Illinois. Ruka was regarded as one of the state's top linemen last fall.
The others are kicker Alex Bosl, the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh; defensive lineman Kyle Sobocinski, Carroll University; offensive lineman Jared Lang, UW-Platteville; and running back Bathong Pham, Concordia University of Wisconsin.
Offensive lineman Wahid Othman and linebacker/defensive back Yazan Rizeq are both undecided about their colleges.
Also signing were Michelle Garner, the WIAA Division 1 state champion in the 300-meter hurdles, with Winona State University; and soccer goaltender Eric Frank with the University of Dubuque.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fast start propels Whitnall boys basketball team past Kenosha Bradford in season opener
- Outlook uncertain at early stage of season for Greenfield boys basketball team
- Defense helps Whitnall girls basketball team post 3-0 start to season
- Returning starters look to help Whitnall boys basketball team make strides
- Sierra Grubor, Kendall Stribling lead Whitnall girls basketball team over Elkhorn in season debut
- Balanced attack boosts Greenfield girls basketball team past Racine Park in opener
- Greenfield Junior Hawks post sterling 19-3-1 record in football
- Greenfield girls basketball team will have a new look in 2015-16 season
- Greenfield native George Rajak honing hockey skills in US Premier League
- Doherty, Beckman earn fifth places for Whitnall at state swimming, diving meet