Greenfield - Five Greenfield High School football players, plus standouts in boys soccer and girls track and field, signed national letters of intent with colleges this week.
The football list is led by offensive lineman Josh Ruka, who was given a full scholarship with Division I Northern Illinois. Ruka was regarded as one of the state's top linemen last fall.
The others are kicker Alex Bosl, the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh; defensive lineman Kyle Sobocinski, Carroll University; offensive lineman Jared Lang, UW-Platteville; and running back Bathong Pham, Concordia University of Wisconsin.
Offensive lineman Wahid Othman and linebacker/defensive back Yazan Rizeq are both undecided about their colleges.
Also signing were Michelle Garner, the WIAA Division 1 state champion in the 300-meter hurdles, with Winona State University; and soccer goaltender Eric Frank with the University of Dubuque.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local woman reaches the heights in state skeetshooting tournament
- Whitnall breaks through for first football victory of 2014 season
- Greenfield falls just short of upsetting Brown Deer in football game
- Whitnall girls volleyball team hands Greendale first Woodland defeat
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 26
- Football: South Milwaukee football dominant over Greenfield
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Whitnall football team handed yet another tough defeat by Rockets
- Ezekial Banks' long run boosts Greenfield football team past Messwood
- Football: Banks delivers big run as Greenfield rallies