Greenfield - Five Greenfield High School football players, plus standouts in boys soccer and girls track and field, signed national letters of intent with colleges this week.
The football list is led by offensive lineman Josh Ruka, who was given a full scholarship with Division I Northern Illinois. Ruka was regarded as one of the state's top linemen last fall.
The others are kicker Alex Bosl, the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh; defensive lineman Kyle Sobocinski, Carroll University; offensive lineman Jared Lang, UW-Platteville; and running back Bathong Pham, Concordia University of Wisconsin.
Offensive lineman Wahid Othman and linebacker/defensive back Yazan Rizeq are both undecided about their colleges.
Also signing were Michelle Garner, the WIAA Division 1 state champion in the 300-meter hurdles, with Winona State University; and soccer goaltender Eric Frank with the University of Dubuque.
- Greenfield softball team downs South Milwaukee, captures outright Woodland Conference title
- Jasmine Bickerstaff's first place helps boost Whitnall girls track, field team to third in Woodland
- New Greenfield boys basketball coach Kyle Johnsen confident about future of program
- Greenfield boys golf team breaks into top half of Woodland Conference standings
- Biersack belts two home runs to boost Greenfield past Whitnall in softball showdown
- Greenfield boys golf team captures Woodland Conference East Division championship
- Greenfield High School hires Kyle Johnsen as head boys basketball coach
- Greenfield girls soccer team bounces back with big victory over South Milwaukee
- Greenfield softball team tunes up for Woodland showdown with six victories
- Whitnall softball team knocks off mighty Westosha Central