Greenfield - Five Greenfield High School football players, plus standouts in boys soccer and girls track and field, signed national letters of intent with colleges this week.
The football list is led by offensive lineman Josh Ruka, who was given a full scholarship with Division I Northern Illinois. Ruka was regarded as one of the state's top linemen last fall.
The others are kicker Alex Bosl, the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh; defensive lineman Kyle Sobocinski, Carroll University; offensive lineman Jared Lang, UW-Platteville; and running back Bathong Pham, Concordia University of Wisconsin.
Offensive lineman Wahid Othman and linebacker/defensive back Yazan Rizeq are both undecided about their colleges.
Also signing were Michelle Garner, the WIAA Division 1 state champion in the 300-meter hurdles, with Winona State University; and soccer goaltender Eric Frank with the University of Dubuque.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jared McGranahan happy to be Whitnall's new football coach
- Whitnall softball team off to perfect start
- Sports Shorts: April 17
- Football: Whitnall hires new varsity football coach
- Deep Whitnall softball squad has high hopes for 2014 season
- Strong returnees boost Greenfield softball team
- Sports Shorts: April 10
- Whitnall girls track and field team wins Cedarburg Invite
- Greenfield boys track and field takes ninth to open season
- Whitnall girls rallied after slow season start