A total of five Greenfield High School football players, plus standouts in boys soccer and girls track and field, signed national letters of intent with colleges this week.
The football list is led by offensive lineman Josh Ruka, who was given a full scholarship with Division 1 Northern Illinois. Ruka was regarded as one of the state's top linemen last fall.
The others are kicker Alex Bosl, the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh; defensive lineman Kyle Sobocinski, Carroll University; offensive lineman Jared Lang, UW-Platteville; and running back Bathong Pham, Concordia University of Wisconsin.
In addition, offensive lineman Wahid Othman and linebacker/defensive back Yazan Rizeq are both undecided about their colleges at this point.
Also signing were Michelle Garner, the WIAA Division 1 state champion in the 300-meter hurdles, with Winona State University; and soccer goaltender Eric Frank with the University of Dubuque.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SportsShorts: May 20
- Whitnall's Dundas surges to WC singles crown
- Nguyen continues to shine for Greenfield girls track
- Mentkowski paces Whitnall boys track at outdoor meet
- SportsShorts: May 16
- Falcons jump to fourth at Hale Invitational
- West Allis Hale's Schwab wins pair of events in Husky Invitational
- Whitnall, Hale girls unbeaten in conference softball
- West Allis Hale goes unbeaten in Cudahy Tournament
- OUR TAKE