Playoffs: Lost in regional final to Cudahy 78-47
1 Greenfield's roster includes seven seniors this season, and they know each other well. That experience should be a good starting point for the team. "We have seniors that have varsity experience and have played together for a number of years," Graetz said.
2 The Hawks should have good team defense again this season, but they lack size, which will hurt them in rebounding, Graetz said. They will need to be smart and savvy to collect their share of boards.
3 They must replace the points provided by Vidakovich and Narloch last season, so Graetz is trying to find one or two consistent scorers. If the Hawks can do that, Graetz feels they can be successful. "I think we'll take another step closer to being more competitive within the conference," he said.
Coach: Rob Graetz
Key returnees: Amber Polachek, Sr. (6.1 ppg); Jill Dworschack, Sr. (3.9 ppg); Michelle Garner, Sr. (4.1 ppg)
Key losses: Kristina Vidakovich (10.4 ppg), Katie Narloch (7.8 ppg), Alex Sokol (5.6 ppg)
The Hustlin' Hawks lost their top two scorers from last season, so the first priority is finding someone to pick up that offensive slack. The defense, which was solid at times last year, will be another big key for Greenfield if it is to be competitive in the Woodland Conference.
Nov. 29 - Waterford; Dec. 2 - New Berlin Eisenhower; Dec. 6 - at Wauwatosa West; Dec. 9 - Whitnall; Dec. 13 - at South Milwaukee; Dec. 16 - Milwaukee Pulaski; Dec. 20 - Shorewood; Dec. 22 - Milwaukee Juneau; Jan. 3 - at New Berlin Eisenhower; Jan. 6 - New Berlin West; Jan. 10 - at Brown Deer; Jan. 13 - at Greendale; Jan. 17 - Brookfield East; Jan. 20 - St. Thomas More; Jan. 27 - at Pewaukee; Jan. 31 -Cudahy; Feb. 3 - at St. Francis; Feb. 10 - Greendale; Feb. 17 - South Milwaukee; Feb. 21 - at West Allis Hale; Feb. 24 - at Whitnall; Feb. 29 - Wauwatosa West
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall boys soccer team tops Greendale, holds onto Woodland lead
- Football: Tre'Vaughn Craig fills gap and Greenfield football holds on to down Whitnall
- Greenfield football team pulls away from Cudahy to post Woodland Conference victory
- Offense helps Whitnall boys soccer team bolt to 9-1-1 season record
- Whitnall football team downs Shorewood/Messmer, clinches WIAA playoff berth
- Whitnall girls volleyball team completes season sweep of Woodland East rivals
- Greenfield football team handed first loss of season by Brown Deer
- Whitnall football team continues strong run through Woodland East Division
- Whitnall's Lauren Lent captures second straight world powerlifting championship
- Whitnall football team continues surge by routing Brown Deer