Playoffs: Lost in regional final to Cudahy 78-47
1 Greenfield's roster includes seven seniors this season, and they know each other well. That experience should be a good starting point for the team. "We have seniors that have varsity experience and have played together for a number of years," Graetz said.
2 The Hawks should have good team defense again this season, but they lack size, which will hurt them in rebounding, Graetz said. They will need to be smart and savvy to collect their share of boards.
3 They must replace the points provided by Vidakovich and Narloch last season, so Graetz is trying to find one or two consistent scorers. If the Hawks can do that, Graetz feels they can be successful. "I think we'll take another step closer to being more competitive within the conference," he said.
Coach: Rob Graetz
Key returnees: Amber Polachek, Sr. (6.1 ppg); Jill Dworschack, Sr. (3.9 ppg); Michelle Garner, Sr. (4.1 ppg)
Key losses: Kristina Vidakovich (10.4 ppg), Katie Narloch (7.8 ppg), Alex Sokol (5.6 ppg)
The Hustlin' Hawks lost their top two scorers from last season, so the first priority is finding someone to pick up that offensive slack. The defense, which was solid at times last year, will be another big key for Greenfield if it is to be competitive in the Woodland Conference.
Nov. 29 - Waterford; Dec. 2 - New Berlin Eisenhower; Dec. 6 - at Wauwatosa West; Dec. 9 - Whitnall; Dec. 13 - at South Milwaukee; Dec. 16 - Milwaukee Pulaski; Dec. 20 - Shorewood; Dec. 22 - Milwaukee Juneau; Jan. 3 - at New Berlin Eisenhower; Jan. 6 - New Berlin West; Jan. 10 - at Brown Deer; Jan. 13 - at Greendale; Jan. 17 - Brookfield East; Jan. 20 - St. Thomas More; Jan. 27 - at Pewaukee; Jan. 31 -Cudahy; Feb. 3 - at St. Francis; Feb. 10 - Greendale; Feb. 17 - South Milwaukee; Feb. 21 - at West Allis Hale; Feb. 24 - at Whitnall; Feb. 29 - Wauwatosa West
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall boys basketball team notches fifth victory in six games
- Whitnall girls basketball team begins to hit its stride, wins twice
- Whitnall co-op wrestlers top Tosa, take control of Woodland race
- Whitnall boys basketball team starts to put pieces together
- Greenfield girls basketball team extends its winning streak to six
- Greenfield girls basketball team claims West Allis Hale tourney crown
- Greenfield co-op swimmers capture top-six spots in large invites
- Teenage Greenfield race car driver sweeps three points championships
- Greenfield wrestlers finish 2-3 against tough competition at Mukwonago
- Whitnall girls basketball team awakens in time to down Elkhorn