Greenfield - Nicole Otto, 14, of Greenfield is preparing to test herself against the top figure skaters in the country.
Otto will compete in the 2012 United States Junior National Championships in East Lansing, Mich., on Dec. 9-13. She will participate in the Intermediate Ladies level.
Otto claimed the silver medal at the U.S. Upper Great Lakes Regional Championships in St. Paul, Minn., on Oct. 14-18.
She won the first round, earning the top score of 100 competitors, and headed into the short program. She finished second there and went into the final freeskate program, where she also placed second.
That gave her the silver medal for the Intermediate Ladies group.
Otto is training at the Rink Side Ice Arena in Gurnee, Ill.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall boys soccer team tops Greendale, holds onto Woodland lead
- Football: Tre'Vaughn Craig fills gap and Greenfield football holds on to down Whitnall
- Greenfield football team pulls away from Cudahy to post Woodland Conference victory
- Offense helps Whitnall boys soccer team bolt to 9-1-1 season record
- Whitnall football team downs Shorewood/Messmer, clinches WIAA playoff berth
- Whitnall girls volleyball team completes season sweep of Woodland East rivals
- Greenfield football team handed first loss of season by Brown Deer
- Whitnall football team continues strong run through Woodland East Division
- Whitnall's Lauren Lent captures second straight world powerlifting championship
- Whitnall football team continues surge by routing Brown Deer