Greenfield - Nicole Otto, 14, of Greenfield is preparing to test herself against the top figure skaters in the country.
Otto will compete in the 2012 United States Junior National Championships in East Lansing, Mich., on Dec. 9-13. She will participate in the Intermediate Ladies level.
Otto claimed the silver medal at the U.S. Upper Great Lakes Regional Championships in St. Paul, Minn., on Oct. 14-18.
She won the first round, earning the top score of 100 competitors, and headed into the short program. She finished second there and went into the final freeskate program, where she also placed second.
That gave her the silver medal for the Intermediate Ladies group.
Otto is training at the Rink Side Ice Arena in Gurnee, Ill.
- John Rech
- Greenfield softball team downs South Milwaukee, captures outright Woodland Conference title
- Jasmine Bickerstaff's first place helps boost Whitnall girls track, field team to third in Woodland
- New Greenfield boys basketball coach Kyle Johnsen confident about future of program
- Greenfield boys golf team breaks into top half of Woodland Conference standings
- Biersack belts two home runs to boost Greenfield past Whitnall in softball showdown
- Greenfield boys golf team captures Woodland Conference East Division championship
- Greenfield High School hires Kyle Johnsen as head boys basketball coach
- Greenfield girls soccer team bounces back with big victory over South Milwaukee
- Greenfield softball team tunes up for Woodland showdown with six victories
- Whitnall softball team knocks off mighty Westosha Central