After allowing a touchdown on the first play of the fourth quarter, the Whitnall defense slammed the door on Cudahy on the Packers' final three possessions to earn a 36-35 victory Friday night.
Whitnall senior quarterback Luke Mentowski earned his first victory as a starting signal caller, putting four interceptions behind him to throw for three touchdowns and run for another.
Angel Rameriz, a freshman making his first start at quarterback for Cudahy, threw for three touchdowns himself.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield/Pius XI girls swimmers seize second at Racine Park Relays
- Whitnall football team falls to Waukesha North
- Banks' late touchdown propels Greenfield football team past Pius XI
- Greenfield football team tunes up with romp over Milwaukee Career Tech
- Greenfield girls swimming team opens season with fourth place in Funfest meet
- Greenfield football team faces shortage of experience, depth
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Greenfield Hustlin' Hawks
- Whitnall football team hopes to reverse its luck
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Whitnall Falcons
- Whitnall baseball team improves during up-and-down season