After allowing a touchdown on the first play of the fourth quarter, the Whitnall defense slammed the door on Cudahy on the Packers' final three possessions to earn a 36-35 victory Friday night.
Whitnall senior quarterback Luke Mentowski earned his first victory as a starting signal caller, putting four interceptions behind him to throw for three touchdowns and run for another.
Angel Rameriz, a freshman making his first start at quarterback for Cudahy, threw for three touchdowns himself.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall boys soccer team tops Greendale, holds onto Woodland lead
- Football: Tre'Vaughn Craig fills gap and Greenfield football holds on to down Whitnall
- Greenfield football team pulls away from Cudahy to post Woodland Conference victory
- Offense helps Whitnall boys soccer team bolt to 9-1-1 season record
- Whitnall football team downs Shorewood/Messmer, clinches WIAA playoff berth
- Whitnall girls volleyball team completes season sweep of Woodland East rivals
- Greenfield football team handed first loss of season by Brown Deer
- Whitnall football team continues strong run through Woodland East Division
- Whitnall's Lauren Lent captures second straight world powerlifting championship
- Whitnall football team continues surge by routing Brown Deer