After allowing a touchdown on the first play of the fourth quarter, the Whitnall defense slammed the door on Cudahy on the Packers' final three possessions to earn a 36-35 victory Friday night.
Whitnall senior quarterback Luke Mentowski earned his first victory as a starting signal caller, putting four interceptions behind him to throw for three touchdowns and run for another.
Angel Rameriz, a freshman making his first start at quarterback for Cudahy, threw for three touchdowns himself.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield baseball season ended by Woodland rival West in regional
- Baseball: Franklin finally finds its bats, collects big hits in rout of Whitnall
- Whitnall closes out regular baseball season with victory over Lions
- Greenfield wins baseball division title, ends championship drought
- Whitnall baseball team drops two of three in Woodland Conference play
- Whitnall earns split with Brown Deer, then runs into strong pitching
- Greenfield baseball team falls to SWCHA in non-conference contest
- Greenfield's Bella Matthias put up incredible numbers in 2014 season
- Liz Thon helps Whitnall softball team become a real power in 2014
- Whitnall girls basketball team achieves high state academic honor