After allowing a touchdown on the first play of the fourth quarter, the Whitnall defense slammed the door on Cudahy on the Packers' final three possessions to earn a 36-35 victory Friday night.
Whitnall senior quarterback Luke Mentowski earned his first victory as a starting signal caller, putting four interceptions behind him to throw for three touchdowns and run for another.
Angel Rameriz, a freshman making his first start at quarterback for Cudahy, threw for three touchdowns himself.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jared McGranahan happy to be Whitnall's new football coach
- Whitnall softball team off to perfect start
- Sports Shorts: April 17
- Football: Whitnall hires new varsity football coach
- Deep Whitnall softball squad has high hopes for 2014 season
- Strong returnees boost Greenfield softball team
- Sports Shorts: April 10
- Whitnall girls track and field team wins Cedarburg Invite
- Greenfield boys track and field takes ninth to open season
- Whitnall girls rallied after slow season start