After allowing a touchdown on the first play of the fourth quarter, the Whitnall defense slammed the door on Cudahy on the Packers' final three possessions to earn a 36-35 victory Friday night.
Whitnall senior quarterback Luke Mentowski earned his first victory as a starting signal caller, putting four interceptions behind him to throw for three touchdowns and run for another.
Angel Rameriz, a freshman making his first start at quarterback for Cudahy, threw for three touchdowns himself.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Reed, Bickerstaff claim seconds for Whitnall at Woodland Conference Outdoor meet
- Greendale boys golf team brings home Woodland Conference crown
- Whitnall boys tennis team takes home pair of titles from Woodland tournament
- Greenfield's Nguyen, Kohl win events at Woodland Conference Outdoor meet
- Whitnall's Reed earns three top-four finishes at Woodland Conference Outdoor meet
- Germantown girls track team smashes records, set for NSC
- Greenfield's Larry Sayles' decision to become athletic trainer opened up his world
- Greenfield softball team clinches Woodland Conference East Division crown
- Whitnall softball team shows resiliency while battling injuries
- Nguyen leads Greenfield girls track and field team at Homestead Invitational