Greenfield stumbled early in its season opener at Waukesha North, and by the time the offense found a rhythm, it was too late. The Northstars handed Greenfield its fourth consecutive season-opening loss with a 27-10 victory Friday night.
North scored on the game’s first possession on a nine-play, 48-yard drive capped by senior C.J. Blackburn’s 7-yard touchdown run. Blackburn, pulling double duty at wide receiver and running back, also scored the second of North’s four touchdowns on a 25-yard scamper with 4:57 left in the first half.
North senior running backs Kermit Hernandez and Jake Thein added second-half rushing touchdowns to build a 27-0 lead. Greenfield got on the board midway through the fourth quarter on senior running back Andy Lucas’ 1-yard touchdown run, and senor kicker Alex Bosl connected on a late 32-yard field goal.
Greenfield was without senior right tackle and Northern Illinois commit Josh Ruka, who was out with an ACL sprain. Ruka is expected back for next week’s matchup with Pewaukee.
- Greenfield softball team downs South Milwaukee, captures outright Woodland Conference title
- Jasmine Bickerstaff's first place helps boost Whitnall girls track, field team to third in Woodland
- New Greenfield boys basketball coach Kyle Johnsen confident about future of program
- Greenfield boys golf team breaks into top half of Woodland Conference standings
- Biersack belts two home runs to boost Greenfield past Whitnall in softball showdown
- Greenfield boys golf team captures Woodland Conference East Division championship
- Greenfield High School hires Kyle Johnsen as head boys basketball coach
- Greenfield girls soccer team bounces back with big victory over South Milwaukee
- Greenfield softball team tunes up for Woodland showdown with six victories
- Whitnall softball team knocks off mighty Westosha Central