Greenfield stumbled early in its season opener at Waukesha North, and by the time the offense found a rhythm, it was too late. The Northstars handed Greenfield its fourth consecutive season-opening loss with a 27-10 victory Friday night.
North scored on the game’s first possession on a nine-play, 48-yard drive capped by senior C.J. Blackburn’s 7-yard touchdown run. Blackburn, pulling double duty at wide receiver and running back, also scored the second of North’s four touchdowns on a 25-yard scamper with 4:57 left in the first half.
North senior running backs Kermit Hernandez and Jake Thein added second-half rushing touchdowns to build a 27-0 lead. Greenfield got on the board midway through the fourth quarter on senior running back Andy Lucas’ 1-yard touchdown run, and senor kicker Alex Bosl connected on a late 32-yard field goal.
Greenfield was without senior right tackle and Northern Illinois commit Josh Ruka, who was out with an ACL sprain. Ruka is expected back for next week’s matchup with Pewaukee.
- Clutch hitting helps Whitnall baseball team complete three-game Woodland sweep
- Struggles continue for Greenfield baseball team in 0-3 week
- Big innings taking Greenfield baseball team out of games this season
- Whitnall baseball team puts together good week until pair of losses to Pius XI
- Whitnall baseball team still searching for consistency
- John Quinlan named new head football coach at Whitnall High School
- Inexperience hurting Greenfield baseball team
- Football: Shane Covington named new head football coach at Greenfield High School
- McGranahan leaves Whitnall football coaching job to take Kenosha Tremper position
- Whitnall's Bickerstaff moves on to state track and field meet in hurdles race