An 81-year-old West Allis woman was killed in a one-car crash about 10:30 a.m. today in the 1900 block of South 71st Street in West Allis.
The car she was driving crossed over the center line of southbound 71st Street and struck a tree on the east side of the road, according to police.
Her name is being withheld pending notification of family. Alcohol and speed do not appear to be factors in the crash, police said, and the crash remains under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield fire destroys garage, caused about $100,000 in damage
- Two suspects sought in Greenfield gas station burglary
- Police report: April 22
- Alternative sought to road work borrowing
- Man charged with ninth drunken driving offense after road rage incident
- Murals created from colorful bottle caps at Edgerton Elementary
- 'Mount Stallis' rises in West Allis
- Police warn man after he enters woman's vehicle, tries to kiss her