West Allis Police Chief Michael Jungbluth will retire at the end of the year, capping nearly 30 years with the West Allis Police Department.
By that time, he will have served almost five years as police chief, having risen up the ranks from patrolman over his career.
Jungbluth, 53, said he notified the Police and Fire Commission of his retirement so early so that it will have plenty of time to find a successor.
But he said otherwise it's too early to be talking about retirement.
"There are a lot of challenges we have to go through," in the coming year, Jungbluth said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Layton Avenue Baptist Church in Greenfield eyes location up the block
- Greenfield starts review of proposed 2016 city budget
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Greenfield School Board to fill vacancy by appointment
- Little Free Library in Greenfield gift of love — twice
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Amphitheater plan in Greenfield moves along with help of impact fees
- Attendant to oversee Greenfield solid waste drop-off site (2)
- Ditch won't stop $150 million proposed commercial, residential project in Greenfield
- Partnership buys Barnes & Noble Center in Greenfield