West Allis Police Chief Michael Jungbluth will retire at the end of the year, capping nearly 30 years with the West Allis Police Department.
By that time, he will have served almost five years as police chief, having risen up the ranks from patrolman over his career.
Jungbluth, 53, said he notified the Police and Fire Commission of his retirement so early so that it will have plenty of time to find a successor.
But he said otherwise it's too early to be talking about retirement.
"There are a lot of challenges we have to go through," in the coming year, Jungbluth said.
- The Ridge Church in Greenfield offers church in your jammies
- Greenfield Police blotter: May 5, 2016
- Whitnall gets new school district superintendent
- Crash kills Milwaukee man in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- Parties in the sky coming to House of Harley in Greenfield
- Whitnall names Lisa Olson superintendent of schools
- Severe weather seminar scheduled in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 21, 2016
- Greenfield News and Notes: April 21