With the current stretch of dry weather, the West Allis Fire Department will take extra precautions at this year's Fourth of July fireworks, said Lt. Jay Scharfenberg, public information officer.
The entire launch area at the State Fair Park, where the fireworks will be set off on July 4, will be wetted down, he said.
He also reminded city residents that all fireworks are illegal in West Allis, "this year more than ever."
- Man, 21, charged in fatal accident on 76th Street in Greenfield
- Video: Greenfield going full speed to become its own internet provider
- Road construction to loom large in Greenfield's Fourth of July bash
- Early morning fire destroys garage in Greenfield, spreads to house
- A new Layton Avenue Baptist Church is rising in Greenfield through skill and faith
- Greenfield Police reports: June 16, 2016
- Fire damages garage of Greenfield home
- Charcoal grill tips over, causes fire at Greenfield home (1)
- Thieves hit Greenfield liquor store twice in a week, injure clerk
- Greenfield Police report: June 9, 2016