With the current stretch of dry weather, the West Allis Fire Department will take extra precautions at this year's Fourth of July fireworks, said Lt. Jay Scharfenberg, public information officer.
The entire launch area at the State Fair Park, where the fireworks will be set off on July 4, will be wetted down, he said.
He also reminded city residents that all fireworks are illegal in West Allis, "this year more than ever."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield fire destroys garage, caused about $100,000 in damage
- Two suspects sought in Greenfield gas station burglary
- Police report: April 22
- Alternative sought to road work borrowing
- Man charged with ninth drunken driving offense after road rage incident
- Murals created from colorful bottle caps at Edgerton Elementary
- 'Mount Stallis' rises in West Allis
- Police warn man after he enters woman's vehicle, tries to kiss her