Spurning a request by a New Berlin developer, the West Allis-West Milwaukee School District will not cede 4.5 acres to the New Berlin School District.
The developer had made the request so that the entire development under construction could be in one school district. But the WA-WM School Board decided the area in question is closer to an elementary school in West Allis than in New Berlin.
The fact that the West Allis district is landlocked so it needs to protect all its taxable property was another consideration in the board vote on Monday.
The 4.5 acres had been vacant until recently, when construction started on four apartment buildings. One is in the New Berlin School District and the other three are in West Allis-West Milwaukee. Those four buildings are in addition to 14 buildings, all in New Berlin's district, that are already built in the same Stonegate Apartment complex.
- Greenfield unveils inaugural season for new Konkel Park amphitheater
- Greenfield to sell passes for residents not allowed to use dropoff
- Bluemel's Garden & Landscape Center in Greenfield expands with on-site coffee garden
- Greenfield Police blotter: July 21
- St. John the Evangelist Parish to host 49th annual Family Festival (1)
- Greenfield chief meets with President's top advisers in West Wing (1)
- Greenfield Police blotter: July 14, 2016
- Cannon-lover fires eight-gun salute down Greenfield street for Fourth
- Greenfield neighbors roaring about House of Harley's thunder
- Gun, ammunition sales in Greenfield might soon require public hearings