A motorist having difficulty breathing after the vehicle he was driving hit a pole in the 2300 block of 108th Street in West Allis about 1:30 p.m. today, and was taken to a nearby hospital by paramedics Wednesday afternoon, West Allis police said.
A witness told officers the driver lay on the ground after the impact about 1:30 p.m. but later was able to get up and walk to the median where his car had come to rest.
Police said the driver may also have hit a tree.
The cause of the accident appears to be medical, according to preliminary findings of police as alcohol and speed don't appear to be factors.
Highway 100 remained open while police cleared the scene.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall ponders: What's next? Moving on in the face of failed referendum
- Gadgets don't stay broken at this shop
- Whitnall School Board to form facilities task force
- Whitnall school referendums voted down (5)
- West Allis police report: April 9, 2015 issue
- Whitnall drama tapped for Tommy Awards
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon looks to bring duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa
- Elmbrook Humane Society seeking help, foster homes
- West Allis police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 2, 2015 issue