A motorist having difficulty breathing after the vehicle he was driving hit a pole in the 2300 block of 108th Street in West Allis about 1:30 p.m. today, and was taken to a nearby hospital by paramedics Wednesday afternoon, West Allis police said.
A witness told officers the driver lay on the ground after the impact about 1:30 p.m. but later was able to get up and walk to the median where his car had come to rest.
Police said the driver may also have hit a tree.
The cause of the accident appears to be medical, according to preliminary findings of police as alcohol and speed don't appear to be factors.
Highway 100 remained open while police cleared the scene.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Neighbors west of proposed Greenfield Meijers fear more traffic
- Action on Greenfield request to take over Kulwicki Park's care delayed
- With video tour, photos: Whitnall nears $29.4 million facilities referendum
- Whitnall School Board incumbents face a 23-year-old challenger
- Waukesha bicycle shop Cyclesmith closes its doors
- 'Plaza Suite' being staged at Greenfield High School
- West Allis police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 26, 2015 issue