A motorist having difficulty breathing after the vehicle he was driving hit a pole in the 2300 block of 108th Street in West Allis about 1:30 p.m. today, and was taken to a nearby hospital by paramedics Wednesday afternoon, West Allis police said.
A witness told officers the driver lay on the ground after the impact about 1:30 p.m. but later was able to get up and walk to the median where his car had come to rest.
Police said the driver may also have hit a tree.
The cause of the accident appears to be medical, according to preliminary findings of police as alcohol and speed don't appear to be factors.
Highway 100 remained open while police cleared the scene.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hales Corners Eagle Scout's signs point the way at Whitnall Park
- A mother talks of her loss to heroin
- Whitnall High School performs Shakespeare classic with a flare
- Greenfield man charged as part of prescription fraud ring
- Greenfield schools 'right-sizing' enrollment for smaller classes
- Greenfield restricts car sales at homes
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Equipment upgrades, Wi-Fi pleadged in sale of Milwaukee-area YMCAs
- Police warn couple of misuse of 911 after they argued with each other
- Greenfield mayor vetoes overflow lot for mosque